Thursday, August 8, 2013

The Traitor speaks

As mentioned on Monday, I have come to my parents (aka Grammie and the Big Guy who is 6'3 ish) for a few days. They are the proud servants to 2 Labradors. Tendra, the black lab is almost 5 and they have had her since she was a puppy. [Her name is the last 3 letters of my name and my sister's name. My parents lack creativity and named the dog after us]. Barley, the chocolate lab, is 5.5 and was rescued last year. 
Bar and Tenny sharing blanket

I have not been to visit my parents for over a year and a half [They have come to see me, so I have seen them]. I have met Tendra many times, but only met Barley once, last fall when he came to my house for the weekend. As soon as I arrived, Barley decided I am the coolest person on the planet and he wants to be with me all the time. The pictures from yesterday were from the first few hours I was in the house. The Bar Man wouldn't stay off me. Barley has also decided he needs to sleep with me (which is funny as he doesn't sleep with my parents). Barley is pretty much glued to me. I do get some breaks when he needs love from my parents or a favourite family friend who comes for a visit. Tendra, who also loves me, did sleep with me one the first night. She is a little more independent. I didn't mean to be such a traitor, but the dogs decided they needed to maximize their time with their "long lost sister"!

I am hoping my parents will come and visit this fall with their two dogs, because I think the 4 of them would be lots of fun! 
Tendra has won the love from me





Barley with his blanket. Bar carries this with him and
he will suck it when he wants to relax. Never knew a dog
with a blanket before!


19 comments:

  1. Tutt tutt
    ,,, excuses ,,,, excuses ,,,, excuses ,,,, LOL!
    Tell it to the paw. Joking apart hope you are having a wonderful time and have a tremendous Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go home smelling of them the heat will be on, Phod and Hailey will freeze you out like a smellie blanket!

    The Mad Scots

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well our Angel/Devil Sammer use to suck a duck puppet every night before he went to bed, when he went to the bridge mom put it upstairs to keep cos she couldn't bear to part with it. Those labs are beautiful..bless your parents hearts for giving them such a good home. Mom thinks the reason they love you so much is cos they know your heart so why wouldn't they!!!
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those parents better hurry up and do some visiting. What a great group
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMD OMD Somebuddy is gonna get put in the TIME OUT spot fur all this... butt it may well be worth it since Somebuddy is having such a good time with her pawrents and the dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just can't stop a dog from falling in love!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I think if they all get together it will be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are so beautiful! They just know you have soooo much love to share.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  9. I HAVE ALWAYS HEARD ANIMALS AND CHILDREN GRAVITATE TO KIND AND LOVING AND FUNNY PEOPLE!! YEARS AGO I HEARD OR READ IF YOU PET DOESN'T LIKE SOMEONE THAT SHOULD BE YOUR FIST SIGN!!
    HUGS AND BARLEY HAS VERY GOOD TASTE
    HUGS MADI AND MOM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, okay, we'll excuse you THIS time. Dogs are great judges of character...so what does that tell you about yourself. Use the photos in future references...BOL!

    Just hope Lee and Phod are as understanding as we are.

    XXXoOO Daisy, bella& Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, they are gorgeous and obviously love your visit! BOL to the blanket...I never knew of a pooch doing that either. Shhhhhh, we won't tell Lee and Phod.
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww Hailey that so cute Barley wanted to be near you the whole time. He must have sensed your awesome spirit! XD

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw they sound so sweet! Especially Barley. At least you had some nice cuddling partners.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We'll keep your secret safe! Love Bar and his blankie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you're having a super time! Barley is so lovely, and we'll keep your secret too!
    Pippa :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What lovely dogs! And they've "adopted" you.....that's wonderful and I'm sure that when your parents come to visit, Zaphod and Hailey will get along just DANDY with their pups! Barley is adorable with his "blankie" !

    Kitty Hugs, Sammy and his Mom

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dogs are great judges of character, so Barley could probably sense that you're pretty awesome. I'm sure Phod and Lee weren't too impressed, but it's not all the time you get to sleep with your parents' dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Barley is a smart pup. Who wouldn't love Hailey and Phod's momma!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!