Saturday, August 24, 2013

Nin's big day

Well today was the day I gathered Nin up and we drove the one hour one way to the vet.

The drive sounded like this:



Note: This video was taken in the garage before we left - I did not film and drive.

We arrived at the vet and Nin was so happy to be out of the crate he did a good job on the scale and it was almost impossible to get him back in. He has lost 2 kg since his last visit. He went and got his blood and we drove home.

Whenever I go to the clinic (which is an emergency clinic) something exciting happens. This was not a good exciting. A couple's dog collapsed in the parking lot and they didn't think he was breathing. He was raced in on a stretcher and his owner came in screaming she needed to know if her dog was dead. She was screaming at the staff and screaming at herself . . . she was whisked into a room. I don't know what happened to her dog, but I hope he was ok.

After arriving home, Nin slept. He slept all day. He started in the dog crate and is currently sound asleep on our bed, a place he rarely sleeps. We will get his results on Wednesday.



Now it is time to catch up with all your blogs!


12 comments:

  1. Nin...I do believe I recognize that melody...it is the same one I sang in 1st Soprano each time I go to the vet.
    Great Video!!! Standing ovation for your performance
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do we get the feeling Nin was not happy. That sleeping on the bed is always a great spot to help recover, Mom & Dad smells are there!

    The Mad Scots

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Nin. Even though he's a cat, we feel sorry for him. Actually, we came running when we heard him crying!

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Non you sound so sad. You keep that whole big bed for your self and sleep well.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, poor Nin. I hope that his results are good but losing 2 kg doesn't sound like a good thing... Thinking of you.

    I hate those "emergency vet" dramas. They leave me so upset when I witness one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tells Nim I hopes he gets better. Mom has a black cat that doesn't have a tail her name is Shit. Shit has issues with me; I try and try to be her friend. I think she's made because I gots a tail.

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehe reminds me of KKMM when she rode in car. Nin has a cute meow though. There are always exciting moments like that at vet clinics. I worked at one that may as well have been an emergency clinic half the time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, he is just bravely singing the Warrior Song of his People. We are glad he is home and relaxed now. We are purring for him--well, I am. The Human is not much good at purring but she is sending him her very best thoughts! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. We hope the results are OK from the blood stealers. Have a serene Sunday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nin could be an OPERA Singer. We truly hope all is well with the Blood that was stolen .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Nin....buddy.....pal.....I'm purrraying that your blood results are GOOD....it's bad enough being trapped in a crate for an hour then seeing a dog in BIG distress then having your bloods stolen then riding BACK home in a car for an hour without having NOT GOOD blood results. So, don't let me down guy - let us know you're AOK and doing well alright? I'm counting on you! As for voting for Hailey and Zaphod? CAN DO!!!

    Kitty Hugs, Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hoping Nin's results are good. Poor couple with their dog. Hope everything turned out okay. We love our pets so.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!