Saturday, November 16, 2013

The end of ball season - a conversation with Lady and Phod

Lady: Phod, you should know, now that it has started snowing, ball season is almost over.
Phod: O Lady, you are so silly. You don't know what you are talking about. There is no such thing as ball season.

Lady: Unfortunately Phod there is. The snow will be too deep and you won't be able to find the ball.

Phod: I can always find the ball, I will look and look and I will find it. We can play ball all winter.

Lady: Sorry Phod, once the snow gets deep, the ball will go away until spring.

Phod: If that happens, I will be the saddest Phod ever. I will sit by the closet and give you sad eyes all day everyday. You will not be able to resist this and you will throw the ball. 

Lady: How about this, once the snow gets deep, I have something else you may like that all sit on top of the snow. It isn't a ball, but I think I will like it.

Phod: I don't know. I don't always like new things, but if it makes you happy I will try it. What is it?

Lady: It is a surprise, you will have to wait and see. I am sure you will love it! 

Stay tuned to find out what may replace the ball!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Special announcement: Zaphod has been appointed Blogville's Lead Detective. He will now be known as BLD Zaphod. Congrats Phod and thanks to SusieSusie and Sidebite for this honour.

PS: We have heard some of our international Christmas cards have made it overseas already. We mailed them on the 11th, thinking it may take weeks, not 5 days! Amazing mail!

23 comments:

  1. OMD CONGRATULATIONS on the BIG NEW Blogville PAWmotion. We ALREADY feel SAFER.
    Can't WAIT to see what could PAWSibly Replace a BALL. THIS is exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replace a ball huh???? I can tell you I still play ball in the deep snow. It's fun to dive in after it.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly thank you for our card. It arrived this morning and is the first on the mantle piece. Well done Phod on becoming BLD. Pawsome. Wonder what your ball replacement will be?
    Have a super Saturday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you get a UFO????? I like my UFO, not as much as a ball but still it is fun to fetch. And it sits on top of snow. I hope you got a UFO!!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  5. If only it snowed in Florida!

    Ps: thanks for coming by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you know, you could always play ball INSIDE :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Phod!
    Wow, congrats on your new appointment as Blogville Lead Detective! I have all kinds of faith in you for doing an amazing job for all of our citizens. You'll have fun too, I pawmise.
    Boy, I can't wait to see your new toy for snow zoomies!
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, Pol Comm

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh Nooo, now we gotta wait. What you already got your cards mailed, whats wrong with you Mom!

    The Mad Scots
    Pees: Bites is sure The BLD could find that ball in the deepest snow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow....surprises to replace a ball? Now it's gotta be good !!!

    Kitty Hugs, Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. MOM MAILED OUR CARDS TO 'DOWN UNDER' ON FRIDAY. SHE EXPECTS IT MIGHT TAKE AT LEAST 10 DAYS WE'LL SEE. SHE IS WAITING ON N. AMERICA'S UNTIL AFTER T-GIVING
    HUGS MADI YOUR BFFF

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow congratulations on your new position!! I hope you get something really super cool to replace your ball. That is a tough thing to replace.


    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm guessing the ball will be replaced with a Frisbee. Congrats on your new position. I've almost got all my Christmas cards ready to be mailed out.

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your new position. Our mom just got nervous because she doesn't even have our picture taken for our cards yet let alone any printed yet. She better get moving.

    Millie & Walter

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wonder if its a frisbee! That's what mom uses for us when ball season is over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Frisbees! SlimDoggy Jack has great green Frisbees that will float across the top of the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lady, Phod is right. He should ALWAYS get to play ball. He just needs to play ball INDOORS. I mean, you can put away all the breakables, and move all the furniture so he can play, right?

    ReplyDelete
  17. The ball is orange, that should be easy for Blogville's newest lead detective to find in the snow!!
    Congrats on your new position, Phod!

    Wyatt and Stanzie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Maybe it's something yummy!

    Pat
    Critter Alley

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't wait to see you snow toy. I'm sure it will be grrrrrrrrrrreat.
    Congrats on gettin the Lead Detective job and welcome to the Blogville Law Enforcement team. Wanta donut?
    Wags,
    Ranger

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooooh, I wonder what it might be? I'm with you Phod, there's never an end to the ball season - if it snows just play inside!
    Pippa :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Something new, sounds fun. I still wouldn't give up my ball, snow or no snow BOL xxooxx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sound very similar to typist dog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!