Friday, November 22, 2013

NaNoWriMo Part 22

Because I am hopelessly behind this week, I missed that I was up for today. Thanks to Sophie and Ron for letting me know. If you have missed anything in this story go to http://roccoshouse.com/nanowrimo-officially-starts-today/. You will find links to all the previous entries here. I noticed that there is no one for tomorrow or most of next week, so if you would like to write a chapter, pop by Rocco's house and let them know.

Now back to the story:

Recap: Petey's owner, Beast's owner, and the police have all fallen into the ravine. Beast is off chasing the coyotes (we hope). Petey has been flung up the ravine and has found the psychic lady. He is desperately trying to get her to call 911.

I felt a moment of panic as the Psychic Lady turned the wrong way. She was walking with purpose toward something. I ran after her nipping at her coat tails, trying to turn her around. She ignored my pleas and continued at a quickening pace. In my desperation, I didn't realize how far we had walked. Suddenly I realized we were at her car.

The anxiety was so great that I could barely think. I saw white and panic. She opened the drivers door and slowly leaned into the car . . . oh no she was going to drive away!

Then she stood up, and I saw what was in her hand. It was her phone. The relief was so great, I thought I would faint with pure joy.

She looked at me and must have sensed my relief as she said "Petey, I left my phone in the car to charge. I had a feeling I was going to need it. " She bend down and stroked my fur as she continued. "I am not sure what is going on, but I think I need to call for help. You appear to have blood on you that is not yours. I saw human footprints near the ravine. I am sure I heard people. It is just too dark and dangerous to leave it to chance. I will call for help now. You can wait with me and we will have this all sorted out soon."

I leaned my body against her legs in relief as she turned on her phone and started to dial. As I was waiting, I felt my eyes grow heavy. The exhaustion of the evenings events had caught up with me. Now that I was feeling safe, I felt myself start to drift to sleep.

I heard the Psychic Lady say hello and a few mumbled words. Then there was a scream and the legs I was leaning on were suddenly gone and I felt myself fall over.

In my shear exhaustion I hadn't heard it coming, I wasn't prepared, and now here I was, with my last hopes of saving my master being yanked out from under me.

13 comments:

  1. Ooooo great story!! I love the changed to your blog!!
    Love Milo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHHHH this is an Exciting and SCARY chapter. WELL DONE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lee and Phod...we rec'd an email last week. We did not recognize it was about needing writers for a story. This must have been what they were talking about.
    Hugs Madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ykies a scream and the legs gave way.....OMD. Too scary. Love the Fall header. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no....... !!!!

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    Your Christmas card was here when we got home.....our FIRST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this..........oh my goodness!!!

    So happy you were able to add you installment....CHEERS!!

    Ron & Sophie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ~~~ Rocco's Mom found someone for Nov 23rd ~~~ Mini Pig !~!

      Delete
    2. And the story continues!! Well done!

      Your Pals,

      Murphy & Stanley

      Delete
  7. How are we ever going to come up with a solution to all these problems? I put today's link on my blog and am looking forward to a chapter written by Mini Pig.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stoping by...


    Xoxo, Ragdoll Mommy~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear! What will happen next! Apaws on the pawesome chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh MY!!!!!!!! another cliff hanger, we are so worried about everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!