Thursday, November 7, 2013

Training Thursday - Review of another puzzle toy

 Today we are talking about the Trixie Move2Win Level 3 puzzle.  This is one of the items I purchased through Amazon.ca after our consult with the behaviourist.

I went with level 3 as Hailey tends to solve things very quickly. Here are our thoughts:




 Pros:
-This is the first puzzle that Hailey has not figured out right away, in fact she hasn't totally figured it out yet. Because it is so challenging to keep her and Phod motivated we put special treats like hot dogs in it.

-It is easy to clean.

-The compartments are larger and you can put a lot of different treats in it (unlike some of our other puzzles that can only hold small treats or kibble).


-As it is a puzzle it doesn't get dragged around our floor as much and isn't as noisy.

-The dogs will share this. There are so many different parts, they can each be working on a different part.

-It holds a lot of treats.

-It takes a while to do (which is good and bad).

Cons:
Another chewed piece
Hailey chewed the rope for pulling
-If not completely supervised, it is easy to destroy (while doing the dishes one day, so in the room but not watching, Hailey chewed 2 parts of it). It is not a puzzle we could leave them with while we are doing other things or out




-The Man says he thinks the plugs are too hard to take out (Lady say this is the point and doesn't find them too hard)

-It may be too challenging for some dogs [Phod often gets frustrated and quits].

Overall, we give it 2.5 paws out of 4.

The biggest drawback for me, is I have to directly supervise them with it. It isn't something I can give them to keep busy while I am cooking or if we had people over. However, it is nice to have something that works Hailey's brain so hard!

Disclaimer: I independently purchased this toy and am sharing my opinions/experience. The company is not aware I am doing this.






16 comments:

  1. We got Mollie a wooden puzzel, easy one to start off with. Just slide the wooden doors to find the treats. Eating the wooden doors is a much better way to get to the treat, so Mollie thought LOL xxoxxx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are just going to buy Green Interactive Food Bowl for Ancient Pip so she can have something to stimulate her. Hope it works. We have been finding it hard to think of something for her as her sight is not good. Have a tremendous Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. oMD OMD that looks like a REALLY fun Puzzle. WE love our puzzles... we do them on Evenings when we couldn't play OUTSIDE due to bad weather..... it is grrrreat fur getting rid of EXTRA energy .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look fun!

    Have you tried using a Kong toy with her?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I won't tell a soul, secrets are forever!!

    Winks
    Sophie *wanting one now soon I hope* Doodle here!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to try out some of these puzzles. We've only seen ones that hide treats and mummy thinks I'd just turn it upside down. but might look into something like this

    ReplyDelete
  7. This does look like an interesting puzzle. We have also found it hard to find something that keeps Greta occupied but doesn't need constant supervision, so I can get some things done!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Greta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmmm, Dakota is so bright he usually figures games out in 30 seconds flat. Wonder if he would like this. I need something that would challenge him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The only trouble we have with puzzles is that Stanley likes them so much he goes nuts if I try to play with it. Thanks for the review!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay... I am confused... Do you have two cats or three?

    I have heard you talk about Nin and Baggy.... Then who is Cinder?
    A nickname? Or is Baggy, Cinder's real name?

    I am confused.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've debated getting that same toy for Nola. She does tend to chew puzzles if she can't get the treats fast enough, so I think we'll pass on this one. Thanks!
    Nola's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  12. If the treats don't come easy I'm not interested....have I mentioned I'm lazy.

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
  13. I refuse on principle to work for my foodz.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the review. Wyatt likes a good challenge, but when he gets frustrated he wants to eat his way through, just like Hailey. He does need a bigger challenge than his wobbly Kong...
    Wyatt's Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!