Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The big brother I always wanted

 I love my little sister but for some reason I have always wanted the big brother.  While my parents never fulfilled my wish, they made this dream come true for their dog Tendra. Tendra is a 2.5 year old black lab. Yesterday, my parents became the proud new family for a 3 year old black lab named Max. (I guess it is true they love their dog more than me!)

Max's story is a reminder for me not to judge other dog owners. When his first family adopted him their life circumstances were very different. However in the last 3 years things have happened and they realized they were not providing Max with the care he needed. They realized their life was not going to allow this to happen. They made the decision to find him a more appropriate home. Which I am certain they did.

 I can't even imagine making this choice. We had only had Hailey for short period of time (less than 2 weeks) when she bit Gemi and even with this act of violence I could not imagine having had to give her up. I will remind myself when I hear about people giving up their dogs in a responsible fashion that there may be a good reason for this, and to be thankful I am no in their shoes.

Tendra left and Max right

Max

3 comments:

  1. I have an extremely hard time not judging people when I hear that they've given up their dog. I agree that there are circumstances in which some people have no choice, but then there's the people who give up their dogs because it's Wednesday or because the dog sneezed or because their new apartment doesn't allow pets.. and those are the people who have ruined it for everyone else.

    Anyway, thanks for the reminder about not judging people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe puppies do not cause the grief daughters do lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beachman, I can't image that your perfect daughters ever caused you grief!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!