Monday, January 9, 2023

Mischief Monday - One Recovered - One Adventuring

As mentioned on Thursday, Hailey was not happy when she returned from her dental surgery. When I went near her, she would growl. This lasted about 24 hours.


On Thursday evening, she was on the settee, and I sat on the stool in front of her, hands back and said "Hailey, are you done being mad at me?"  Instead of growling she leaned forward and gave me a kiss on the nose. Peace was restored. The only time she growled at me for the next few days was when I put her in a sweater before going out in cold weather (-21C/-6F). I hope the second isn't as grumpy after his procedure this week.

Sunday morning, we were out for a short walk, thanks to the cold temperatures. When we returned, all the business was not finished so I let the dogs off leash. Lee was good and stayed around. Phod, went into the bush between our place and Callie's to finish business and then wandered over to the neighbours. When I saw him on their deck, I put Lee inside and went to get him. 

Of course, I couldn't see him, so went home to get dressed more appropriately for a jaunt through the woods. As I was approaching the house, I have a very playful dog waiting for me in the driveway! He was acting like he had been there the whole time and I had just wandered off. What a boy!




 

10 comments:

  1. -21? wow that is real winter..... we think we will growl at our staff too when we go in for da denture torture...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Hah, Phoddy, nothing to see here, right?! Anyway, Lady probably needed the exercise... (I know I do, I've become such a blob on the bench...) Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've captured a wonderful photo of a Happy Phod!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lee I can 100% understand you need to growl. I've had enough dental procedures in my life and the are sure to cause me to be grumpy.
    Phod you are a fun-gi and I love your red coat
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. my fingers are frost bitten from just reading your temps, i was freezing this am walk at 56 F degrees... Phod you are so cute and way to funny, tricking your lady like that

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you feel better soon, Hailey. And Phod, be careful not to wander too far off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Surgery is no fun - that's for sure! Play bows to you too, Phod!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're glad to hear Hailey has forgiven you about the vet visit. Our paws are crossed that Phod does better with his.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hailey, we hope you have your happy face back on for the Lady. It is no fun getting those dentals so we understand. And Phod, you look like you had a grand old time out there playing tricks on your pursuer:)

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!