Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Trouble on a Tuesday - by Phod

 Dear pals,

While the craziness that is Ottawa continues, Lady is home. It has only been taking her about 30 minutes to cross the bridge (which should be about 4 minutes) so it is doable. Also, she 'hibernating' this week, meaning she and the Man are off work.

The other night, cozy TV time was interrupted when our satellite dish was acting up. The Man cut the power from the TV and dish and then turned it back on, 87 million a couple of time. Even though all the other lights and things stayed on, I got scared. I don't like the sound things make as they turn back on.

First, I had to be on super high alert, even though the Man had turned it back on and was sitting down.


Then, after he tried it for a second time, I had to sit on my Lady


Finally, after he had tried 87 million  2-3 times, I was able to settle, but I was still on alert! I had a hard time relaxing. 


It turns out it was just a temporary glitch in the dish and it came back on all by itself (while Man was on the phone with the provider). Also, it didn't matter in that moment as the peeps were watching Netflix.


12 comments:

  1. we hope that evening became a good one for you all.... good that netflix exists...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari Om
    argh, those February Filchers of light and tech... elfs of the etherways... sigh... you were right to be on alert, Phoddy darlin'!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look absolutely adorable. so sorry you were upset. Sunday night Beau stepped out to do last call at bedtime and the idiots next door lit and threw a whole pack of firecrackers in the air. needless to say he did not potty. shot back in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I bet it was just as the action (on Netflix) was picking up! But I guess you provided plenty of action in the living room, Phod!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phod I totally understand I (nor was Angel Madi) a fan of things that go blip, bang or bump when there are not supposed to do that. Angel Madi seemed to enjoy playing 'I made Mom look game'. Sometimes she look off into space of course I knew there was something sinister lurking in the shadows. She'd return to her nap but not me.
    Comforting hugs and glad you Lady had a lap made just for you
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sound a lot like Mom, P. She freaks out a little if there's TV trouble, too. She's addicted. I always get afraid if the TV goes off. It's pretty much NEVER off in our house - even at night. But no TV usually means Mom is leaving! GAH!

    Love and licks,
    Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's never fun to have things blinking on and off. We're glad it fixed itself for you, Phod.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad everything turned out ok Phod - besides sitting on Mom's lap is a bonus! It looks like things should be getting back to normal soon in Ontario - I hope!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Problems with the TV is never a good thing. I'm sure that you sitting on Lady helped to calm her nerves, Phod.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor Phoddy, we are glad they finally got things resolved...but sheesh, we hope your humans realize how much you were traumatized!
    xoxo,
    Sunny, Jakey & Rosy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is it like when all is quiet and calm and the ice-maker suddenly bomb-drops some new cubes?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Netflix to the rescue! We hope things in Ottawa get better and the crazy folks go home soon and stop causing so much trouble.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!