Monday, August 29, 2022

Mischief Monday - Not Miss Manners - by Lee

 Dear pals,

Lady and Man say they are embarrassed by my recent behaviour. I think I am justified.

The face of an innocent angel


So Callie's human grandpa, has a Weimaraner named Charlotte. (Long, long time readers may remember his Weimaraner Ghost, who was our friend). Anyway, one time when Charlotte was new, she sort of came running towards me barking so I have decided I hate Charlotte.  

Usually when Charlotte is visiting, Lady and Man only take me out on leash, because they know I want to fight her. However, on Saturday, Lady didn't know Charlotte was around and took me out off leash. 

I was having a good roll in the grass while Phod was off in the bush taking care of business when suddenly:



This is when Lady heard Charlotte bark and started frantically calling me. I did not listen. I charged ahead.



Fortunately, Callie's dad was there and he tried to touch me and I don't like that so I stepped back. He was able to put Charlotte in the house (she kept barking). We never touched, we just barked at each other a lot. Lady was so embarrassed. Man heard all the barking and came over.  They were both a bit angry. 

As I was walking away, not going to lie, I was smiling. I was very proud of myself. It was worth having to spend the rest of the day on leash when outside.

It may not have been polite, but it is what needed to be done. 

Your pal, the protector of Paradise, Hailey Bug


12 comments:

  1. wow professor lee, you won the almost cat fight... that was very brave, even when we send a comforting hug to Charlotte for being weimaraners too ;O)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps Lady can send you to Lady Lupin's School of Manners (Lady Lupin's Book of Etiquette: Cole, Babette - Amazon.ca)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari Om
    I am torn, Hailey dear... I so very much understand your need to put Charlotte in her place; but I also appreciate that the Peeps think you might have gone about it a little less...indelicately... hmmmmm... pawhaps I will withhold the hugs today, and just send the wags. YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad there was no contact fighting! I have been around when Jake had Contact and it was really frightening. Beau said to tell you he never goes out of the fenced yard unless on a leash. its against the law here. plus we have TRAFFIC that is dangerous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Hailey....dear me. I agree with YAM...since we have both met you in the furs we know you have a soft side; and are a loyal protector of your pack!!! I do wish you and Charlotte could agree to share the same air when she is visiting.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. This 'manners' business is so totally overrated anyway Hailey.
    Toodle-oo!
    Nobby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Nobby, should Gail order a copy of Miss Lupin's Book of Etiquette?? It seems as though it might be a good idea......

      Delete
  7. Dear cousin, barking is just yelling, it's not fighting at all! You made yourself clear! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hailey, I totally get it .... Ya gotta do, what ya gotta do. Glad you are all safe!! ❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to agree with Nobby Hailey...Manners are very over rated!
    xoxo,
    Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  10. We think you were totally justified in yelling at Charlotte to remind her she was not nice to you when you first met. Of course we're glad you didn't get close enough to her to cause any harm to either of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like it was payback to me, Hailey, and you should be proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!