Thursday, March 6, 2014

This and That Thursday - Phod the Dragon Slayer

I don't like to imagine the life that Zaphod lived before he was picked up as a hitchhiker. He was found severely underweight (about 40 or so pounds when he should weigh at least 60), and scared. Whatever happened must have been horrible.

Instead of thinking about that, I have decided to create another back story for Phod. Here it is:

Phod the Dragon Slayer

Once upon a time, in a land not to far away, their lived a dog named Phod. Phod was a handsome and sweet boy. He lived in his village and was happy.

Life in the village was good until one night an ogre came and snatched Phod out of bed. The mean old stinky ogre took him deep into the forest and tied him to a tree. Here Phod was to wait for a dragon to come. This dragon was going to eat him. Phod was afraid. However, Phod was a smart dog and had a plan.

When the dragon came Phod said: "Oh wise and powerful dragon, I submit to being your offering. However, I know you are an amazing hunter and rather than just eating me here on this tree, would prefer to hunt me. If you let me go I can be your real prey."

The dragon thought about this and said: "Things have been a bit boring lately. Let's have a chase. I will give you a 2 minute head start to make it interesting. I will even close my eyes to not watch which way you are going."

The dragon untied Phod, closed his eyes and started counting. Quickly Phod sniffed the air. He smelt something that was going to help him and he took off to the south. He ran as fast as his legs could carry him. Just as he approached his target, he heard the dragon coming. Phod kept running and as the dragon's long back talon was about to close around his head, Phod leaped. He landed with a splash in the water. The dragon crashed in the water too. Since dragons can't swim or fly if their wings get wet, the dragon quickly drowned. Phod, who is an excellent swimmer, was able to swim away.

The only mark from his encounter with the dragon, is a little scar on his nose.

Phod wandered the country side, looking for more dragons to slay, until finally he found his way to his forever home, far away from dragons.

Yep, I slayed it good! 

18 comments:

  1. What a great story! I enjoyed it a lot! Phod is so smart and good swimmer.
    And he lives happily ever after in his forever home :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo brave Phod The Dragon Slayer. We think that was a gripping yarn and much better than the real one for sure. Smiles to you sweet boy. Have a tremendous Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a much better pat life story - he earned his battle scar and eared a wonderful life now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and Phod lived happily ever after... ;)

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great tale!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  6. MARVELOUS Back Story... BRAVO PHOD the the Dragon Slayer.
    And they all lived happily ever after.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Phod looks so happy, and its good to know there are no dragons!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Phod....our hero!!!

    XXXOOO Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great story! All hail Phod the Dragon Slayer!!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Greta

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great story!!! i enjoyed it!!! haha!
    hope you guys had a great day and an even better weekend!

    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at love is being owned by a husky

    ReplyDelete
  11. You were very brave Phod and we just know that you are going to live happily every after because you are a hero and heroes always do in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love this story! I hope every pup remembers to channel their "inner Phod" when they are in similar circumstances and need to slay a dragon on the way to their forever home!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done! I quite like this alternative history for Phod - and I just bet he does too.......!

    Hugs, Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful and creative story!! We think Phod makes a wonderful Dragon Slayer!!

    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty and Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi hi hi! Ojo here! Friend Phod, I love your pawesome story.

    I think I would like to write my own story too, for before I came to my people. Instead of "stray", I would like to be the Lone Ranger Dog. Can I be that? And instead of "high kill shelter", I would like to say I was lost in a gigantic castle. It was the same castle your dragon lived in Phod, before you slayed him with much water. Before the castle I helped many people as Lone Ranger Dog. But the people who needed me the most are here, up in Canada, and so I had to come take care of them. And now I am here.

    Love and licks, Ojo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey! That is a great story!
    Me was princess (not yet a queen) and a evil witch stole mes and hid mes in a dungeon - In a basement in Edmonton. Me was furry resourceful and escaped, but me was captured by the guards and taken back. That is when my Daddy ransomed mes and took me to the magic kingdom where me now reigns with a iron paw (inside a velvet glove)
    Kisses
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!