Today is our Bagheera's 19th Birthday. Happy Birthday Baggy!
1. He was adopted from the Humane Society
2. If he is really happy he will bite your nose. It really hurts.
3. He once caught a mouse in the house.
4. He ingested a magnet that got caught in his intestines and we had to have it surgically removed. We still have the magnet in a pill bottle.
5. About 3 years ago his kidneys started to fail. We changed his diet to low protein and within 6 months they were functioning like normal (to the surprise of our vet!).
6. When we lived in our first apartment we had hideous currents he climbed up and destroyed and I was happy about this.
7. He loves to snuggle with Nin. They are often found all curled up together. It always makes me go awwwww.
8. He is no longer agile. He can't jump up on furniture but can still climb up on a few things.
9. He has the loudest deep purr.
10. As a kitten he would open the freezer to steal bread.
11. He swaggers when he walks.
12. I am not sure he doesn't know he isn't a panther.
13. He loves to be brushed.
14. In his youth he would chase his "stick" in circles until he fell over.
15. He has always had bad dander.
16. He has started wanting to sleep with us again. He hasn't done this for years.
17. Several people have scars on their stomachs from his back crawls when he used them as a spring board.
18. He has adopted one of the chairs as his. He will stand and stare at the dogs if they are on it and they usually give it up.
19. If he is not snuggled with Nin on the couch, he likes to sleep on his chair, in the sun, on the counter under his lights or his cave in the laundry room.