Monday, March 28, 2011

Super Aunt - Not only a Dog sitter, but a Blog sitter!!!

This one's all about me, but I promise dog stories in the future!
I've dog sat for Gemi and Loki many times.  It's always been a challenge in some way, usually due to the fact that I was running an animal hospital with my cat taking medication, and Loki needing to be stuffed full of pills, up to 8 at a time, and at times go as far as force feeding him.  I really don't mind, it's a lot of work, but it's a nice way to bond with my nieces and nephews.  I knew Loki very well from the time he was a puppy, as I lived with him for the first part of his life.  And I've had plenty of time to bond with Gemi in the past 6 years.  The cats are easy, I've lived with them a lot, and well... they're cats.  Low maintenance!

This time might be the most daunting dog sitting gig I've had thus far.  Hailey is a handful.  She and I get along very well so far, but we've never been alone, without Lady there to lend a hand or give instruction.  LeeLee's sweet and nice, but she is extremely curious and busy.  We have lofty plans to go for walks every morning and evening to ensure lots of exercise.  We're recruiting friends like D and Auntie K to get us to the park.  We'll do whatever it takes to ensure enough exercise happens and LeeLee is a happy girl.  I'm not afraid of animal bodily functions.  I can deal with illnesses of all types and administer medicine easily if I have to.  I know the basic commands.  But... I also know Hailey finds new and creative ways to be a handful on a regular basis.  Today is s a great example... see the below Blog entry, and add to that an additional escape just happened.

But despite the fact that I know that the next 12 days will be a lot of work, I really look forward to getting to know my newest niece LeeLee, and to reconnect with my favourite Gemi.  What better way to bond than to experience the full day to day life with the pups!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!