Thursday, July 14, 2022

Thankful Thursday - My Lake - By Phod

 Dear pals,

You know I love the lake and I love to swim, even if I choose to only swim for like 10 minutes at time now. I am happy to report I will be getting extra swimming time this summer. You see, the people who cottage beside our lake access, are being difficult.  In short, they would prefer we don't use it when they are here (which is for all of July and August).  It has been stressful and is likely to get messy. Anyway, Lady is implementing a passive protest and using the dock and access way more than she might otherwise. While some may think this is spiteful, I think it is splendid as it means lots of swimming!

Last Friday, Lady took me down alone while Lee and Man went into the field. 

Testing the water temperature on my belly

Bouncing in

Hurry up and throw it!

More bouncing

Usie one

Usie 2

I always get it!

So much fun, but I might need shades!

In spite of the trouble this is causing, we remain grateful for this lovely lake and all our wonderful, fun neighbours who share this access and lake with us!

14 comments:

  1. tat is the bestest lake you have there... we love it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari Om
    Okay, I am assuming it is public access and does not actually belong to the part-timers? In which case, they can take a running jump themselves. It's like the folk who have a flat in the building next door who only visit at weekends in fine weather (i.e. not often) sticking notes through everyones door asking them to keep 'their parking space clear'... which your Lady and Man have seen and know is not an appropriate request!!! (street parking is not reserved...) Well done on that protest, as the long-time permanent residents of the place!!! More splash to you Phoddy dear. Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job to both of you, keep it up. my first thought was its only a few minutes, my second was the two months they are there is the best time to swim. it is to cold on other months. you go Phod

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, you have a vignette of what is happening around the world (people who want to take more than is theirs to take) right in your backyard. How unfortunate, stressful, and sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're sorry to hear you have trouble with some nasty neighbors, but we know you are enjoying all the extra lake time you are getting because of it. After all swimming in the water is good for your health.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phod I am so sorry your very favorite activity has been spoiled by a bad attitude from humans.
    Dang it. I know you had to wait to swim because of your ears then bang now stingy neighbors.
    Are those folks renters or owners of the cottage...did they give a reason? I know you are both well behaved ...hugs
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi handsome friend, Ojo here! Your lake looks wonderful! I would like to join you there! We hope the people behave and you get lots of lake time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a feisty terrier, I totally applaud Lady's attitude.
    Enjoy your swimming Phod.
    Toodle-oo!
    Nobby.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's your lake too and sharing is necessary. Enjoy your lake, Phod!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot beileve people. If you have access, you have access. To deprive you of two months is nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How dare the neighbors be difficult about your lake?! Sheesh, there are just some miserable people in the world, aren't there. Here's to plenty of lake time, dear Phod.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Swim on Phod!!! No matter where one lives there is always a disagreeable person.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those neighbors sound a little nuts. So happy that Lady is not getting pushed around by them. #occupythelake

    Love and licks,
    Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  14. How rude and silly of your neighbors to act that way!!! Life is too short to be mean like that. Phod, just go on and enjoy YOUR lake.

    In or out, upside down or right side up, you are just so cute, June.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!