Thursday, October 4, 2012

The comedy of errors - by Lee, Phod and Lady

Lee: Our lady doesn't love us, she is never home.

Phod: I am so lonely when she is gone.

Lady: Wednesday is suppose to be my work at home day but I had to attend a meeting this week, so I booked a full day out and will work at home Friday (aka 4 day weekend, thanks to Thanksgiving!). The Man is always out on Wednesday evenings, so I rushed home from my meeting 70 km away. Of course I was in such a rush I didn't stop at the Lady's room before I left so by the time I got to the driveway, I really, really had to go. I basically parked on the front lawn and tore into the house, throwing keys, and jumping over the garbage that was all over the front hall. 

Phod: I was so confused when my Lady came in the front door and not the garage, but I was happy to see her. I gave her kisses but then I went away because I figured she would scold me for destroying the garbage.

Lee: I thanked god she was home and she would take off my stupid thunder shirt or hug as she called it.

Lady: After my potty break, I went to take the dogs out and discovered in my haste, I had left the front door open and the two were doing zoomies around.

Lee: FREEDOM!

Phod: Man does Lee run fast.

Lady: I let them run and then called them for a walk, put them on leash and walked to get the mail.

Lee: Freedom killer.

Phod: So glad to be walking.

Lady: After I walk, I decided to put the house right. I then took a few minutes to clean up the mess, check for other messes (none, yay!) and move my car to the garage. I then thought before it got dark (because boy, does it get dark early), we would out front and play some ball. Since Lee was so good when free I had her on her tie out, without it being tied to anything. Lee was sniffing around and Phod and I were playing ball. I threw the ball toward the driveway and as Phod went after it, he hit it across the road and into the horse pasture. I have no idea how he got threw the fence but he did.

Lee: Mmmm, I am eating grass at this point.

Phod: I had to get the ball so I squeezed through the fence.  I was glad the horses were in another part of the pasture. I knew I needed to get back. I walked to a clear part in the 4 foot fence and jumped over it.

Lady: I was impressed with his jumping.

Lee: I am not feeling well, no one has noticed. I started to throw up. 

Lady: It looked like bile and grass. I wonder if it was from the garbage, the running free or what. 

Phod: I got mad that my Lady wasn't throwing my ball.

Lady: We went inside, I made them wait a little for dinner and then Lee had rice and Phod had his food. Lee has seemed fine after dinner as she had a great rumble with Phod while I was on the phone trying to find out about a dear friend's radiation treatment. My friend, an animal lover extreme, found it all rather funny.  I think mornings at the zoo are much easier to deal with then afternoon!

Anyone else have a crazy evening?


4 comments:

  1. Hawoooo wooo. What a great time, glad woo are feeling better Lee, sometimes I barf when I get really excited...it OK.

    RA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh they keep you on your toes. Nevermind tomorrow long weekend and well deserved. Have a terrific Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it was busy evening! Glad Lee was doing ok after throwing up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quiet is not something we do here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!