Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Trouble on a Tuesday - Girls Misadventure

Dear pals,

Lady got this idea on Sunday that it would be fun for her and I to go on a hike. She has seriously damaged her elbow so is very limited to what she can do physically and  this is not good for the rest of her body or her head, so she thought a nice walk would be fun. 

I was suspicious from the moment she moment she said let's go and snuck me out while Phod and the Man were sleeping. 


There were some good sniffs,


and some interesting art.

I even found a little snow. 


Now this sounds ok, but there were 2 major problems. Problem one: Mud - while we mostly hung low due to all the rain of last week, there were some soakers.

Lady won't be wearing those shoes to the office this week

Problem Two: Because Man was not with us, I had to be extra concerned and nervous and freaked out and all the things. I could not relax and enjoy it. We passed a few people and I barked once but seemed fine.



Hating my life


I hated being there, I hated I couldn't jump into the car and I had to be lifted, and I hated having to wait in the car for 2 minutes while Lady ran into the corner store to get buns for the Man. Phod hated being left behind, although Lady was able to confirm that if we stayed on the outer loop, Phod would be able to come next time. So there was a lot of hate. Lady said she had a nice time and it was what she needed.

I hope next weekend, Lady just stays at home.

your pal, Hailey Bug who did not like this hike







8 comments:

  1. Call that mud!
    I'll show you mud...
    Toodle-oo!
    Nobby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, all that hate and all over a walk in the woods. seems she should have taken Phod and left you with Dad.. maybe next time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe next time the whole family can go on that hike, Hailey. We bet you will love it then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Hailey....maybe next time the Man and Phod can tag along and you'll be happier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hailey, it is good for you to get out and about for some exercise. You know, WE would have loved the mud, but the Momster, not so much.

    Woos - Misty and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hailey change is hard. I like a routine too. I must say due to my wonky older than dirt knee sometimes I am limited. Especially since I can't wear my knee brace until my leg surgery is healed. It was 4 weeks last Thursday. I was told healing is slower below the knee due to circulation. However, I'm told it is healing nicely.

    Now for ladies HELLbow. What is the diagnosis? HELLbows are hard to heal. I'm guessing it is her right HELLbow which makes things double trouble.
    Healing wishes to her
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, not all adventures are exciting. I hope the next one is fun

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Cousin Lee, I will take your hike! Can I go instead, please! Then you can stay home!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!