Monday, January 4, 2021

Mischief Monday - Tummy Troubles - by Lee




 

Dear pals,

I have a slightly embarrassing story to tell. On New Year's Day, the peeps stepped out without me for a bit. While they were out, I got really sick. I will spare you the details but imagine a lot of sick looking poop. Phod was sure we were going to be in trouble and tried to hide. When Lady and Man returned they assured us that no one was in trouble and Lady dutifully cleaned the floors.

For about the next 24 hours my tummy was not ok. I had a lot of poop (if you can call it that).  At first, and through the night I had to go every 2-3 hours, but as daylight came I got up to every 4 or 5.

It is a good thing I will pretty much eat anything because all I got to eat was rice.



We have no idea what caused this. I had my tick meds in the morning but they have never done that. Was I too stressed being alone? Did I get into something? It is a mystery. I would like to assure you all that other than being a little tired because my nap kept getting interrupted, I was totally myself. There was nothing different about my behaviour. I quite enjoyed how quickly my requests to go out, at all hours, were answered.

My tummy seems to be getting better. Fingers crossed.

It was an exciting way to start the new year! 

Lee



13 comments:

  1. well at least it was a kind of fire work too... but we hope all things are ok again and your tummy is 100% pawfect... hugs to you dear Le...

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe you ate something no one new about. were you closed to children and maybe caught a virus? so glad you feel better. Baby ate something, a few years ago, the vet said some through something in our yard, that might have been poison. she was so sick. 4 of 6 dogs had upsets from snarfing avocado.. hope you don't get sick again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does not sound like a fun time for you or your peeps. We're glad to hear you are feeling better though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari Om
    Aw heck, I do hope that is only a 24hr interruption to life, Lee and that all is well real quick!!! Hugs and wgas, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's hoping that with each coming hour, you are getting better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Lee I'm so sorry nuttin' worse than a mysterious upset tum-tum. Whew there for a nano second I thought you were gonna say Phod was worried there would be trouble so he 'help' clean it up.
    Hiding was the best decision Phod
    I'm glad you are back to normal
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tummy troubles are never a good thing. We hope you are back to 100% soon, Hailey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Hailey, we are sorry to hear you weren't feeling well....and hope you continue to get better and better!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are so sorry you were so sick, Lee. Mom says stress can do a lot of harm. Maybe all the change with two weeks of holiday time stressed you out a bit. Usually our Mom is never gone from the house for more than an hour since Covid time. But one day last week she had to be out of the house for about 3.5 hours, just getting things done that needed to be done. When she got home, Misty acted as if Mom had been gone for weeks. She was just so excited to see her. We think she got stressed about Mom not being there after her experience from last year. Feel better, Lee.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh noes gurl! That is never funs! I do the same thing...if there is even a smudge of a smell of poop in the house, I freak! Even though Ma says it's okay, it still stresses me out.
    I had tummy issues the last few days too. Ma thinks it might have been being on the antibiotic so long, or eating my chicken and rice too fast, in any case it's been a rough couple of days here too. I hopes you are feelin' betters now, and paws crossed that was it!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear, don't be embarrassed Hailey, it is not your fault that your tummy is not behaving. Gail and I do hope you're feeling fully better soon.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank goodness you're getting better, pal. Usually for tummy trouble, I get to eat the rice with some chicken and pumpkin. Sounds like rice is a good start for you.

    Love and licks,
    Cupcake

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!