Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Pet Expo!

Emma in Angel Loki's sweater
As I had free tickets (note: I don't think the event is worth a $15 ticket as well as $8 in parking and will likely only go again if I have a free ticket), Uncle Chris, Emma and I went to Pet Expo.  We arrived around 9:30 (doors opened at 9) and were glad to have done so, because by the time we left the place was packed.

For the most part I was happy with how all the dogs there behaved. There was only one dog I observed being too aggressive (and with the prong collar and a woman who could barely control him I wondered if he should have been there). I do wish they would ban retractable leashes at these things. I kept getting tangled.

I learned that one of my coworkers has bearded dragons and got to hold one named Steve (no picture was taken).

Emma had a good time and although she told a few dogs to back off (in an appropriate manner), was well behaved. Might be because she was carried a lot.



Emma sporting her new bandana happy to be held


I picked up a reasonable amount of treats to try for the dogs. I was limited because Phod can't have anything too hard due to his teeth, he can't have anything with chicken because we think that is what makes him itchy and he hates fruits and veggies! Lee would eat everything and anything, so she isn't the problem.




The few things I purchased

I picked up a few cat samples for my sister

The first treat I let the dogs try was kangaroo! I think their faces show how they felt about it!



While I don't love the event, it was nice to spend time with Uncle Chris and Big E!

14 comments:

  1. wooohoooo for Roooo! this eyes and this faces can not lie...that sure was super tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari Om
    Roo is good for hyoomans too - it is the Down Under equivalent of venison! Lucky dogs, Lee and Phod - you'll be hoping Lady gets free tickets again then?! hugs and wags YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you and Uncle Chris and Emma had a great time and look at all of those yummy treats! It looks like you and Phod are totally loving the kangaroo, Hailey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMD, you gots to try kangaroo?! That's pawesome! Is it worth arranging a little hunting trip to the Outback for one? I bet I could take a kangaroo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you know I think I would like to be taken to a Pet Expo some time, but I doubt it'll ever happen....
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Look at those big eyes!! Kangaroo must be to dogs what cat nip is to cats.
    Glad Emma has her Dad back
    Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you got some great things. We love kangaroo--though, we're like Lee and eat ANYTHING! Thought at first maybe you were going to add another kitty to your pack...lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, meant to add that we see bearded dragons on the roads at this time of year. They like the hot asphalt....unfortunately, many are roadkill, as well.

      Delete
  8. I bet that was great fun! Especially with yummy treats too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like your trip to the expo was a success. We can tell Lee and Phod loved the treats too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What was the name of the kanagroo treats? I love giving the collies new healthy treats to try.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mom has gone to Pet Expos too. They can be a lot of fun despite all the products being pushed. Mom isn't a fan of retractable leashes either, especially when we are out walking. Other owners don't seem to understand the need to keep their dog close when initially meeting another leashed dog. Not to mention the fact that they also allow dogs to wander very deep into a front yard. Not all owners are very good about cleaning up after their dogs.

    We had our one taste of kangaroo in some canned food we reviewed for Chewy. We ALL loved it immensely. The only downer about it is that Mom is pretty sure it is what set Timber's tummy off this past summer. It sure was good though.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  12. We had a pet expo here a while back but it was quite small. It was fun though
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!