Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Don't Believe Her

Dear Blogville,

I wanted to dispel a horrible rumour I hear my Lady is spreading about me. You all know that I love my Lady very, very much. She is my very special person. I am very special boy. She says I may be her heart dog (I am not sure what that means but is sounds important). However, she is going around saying I am a huge suck-a-bear. She is telling people how extra sucky I have been since my time at camp.  Here is my side of the story.

Several nights ago, it was windy and rainy. I could tell my Lady, who loves storms, was very nervous. I came up to her around 2 am, and kissed her hand to tell her it would be ok. I only jumped up on the bed and slept glued to her for the next 4 hours because I was worried she was not feeling safe. It is my job to make her feel safe.

Then a couple nights later, when Uncle Chris and cousin Emma were visiting, I only stayed on the bed most of the night, because I wanted to make sure cousin Emma didn't get lost and end up in the wrong bed. Again I was keeping everyone safe. I see it as my duty as the guard dog to do so. It doesn't matter that for the past 6 years I have rarely spent more than an hour on the bed per night and usually only while Lady is reading before she goes to bed. Her need for guarding has changed and I therefore changed my guarding. I am not a big 80 lbs suck. I am a very fierce and big guard dog.

I just wanted to clear this rumour up.

Zaphod






17 comments:

  1. oh of course you are a mighty and fearless K9 Phod, how good that you told the true story ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do whatever you must, I bet your mom knows how lucky she is to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well of course! You sound like a very dedicated guard dog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe every single word you are barking out, Phod!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phod....I think Lady's thinking is still Jet lagged. I totally 100% believe your version of the chain of events
    Sincerely Madi(son) D cat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phod, I totally believe your version.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We totally believe YOU, Phod, and we are so proud of your bravery and dedication to your work as the family guard dog:)

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course you are only doing what your family needs and ignoring your own wants and desires, P. You are very brave and courageous! Plus cuddly and sweet..... Just sayin'.

    Love and licks,
    Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hari OM
    Zaphod, I should be so lucky as your Lady to have such a boofy and beautsome boy to suck..errr.. cuddle up and make me feel safe and sound in throes of foul weather and visitors of unclear intention!!! Stick to your story lad! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally understand Phoddy...It is very important to keep close to our ladies because you NEVER KNOW what may endanger them!

    Good job!
    Jakey(also NOT a suck, just a very cautious guard dog)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are doing what you need to keep your mom safe Phod! Good boy!
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are definitely providing an important service to Lady and she should be grateful. We always spend the whole night in bed with our pawrents so we don't see any problem with you doing the same.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I believe you, Z. Your lady is lucky to have such a concerned and caring guard dog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your side of the coin is tails and tails never lie. Good boy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just doing your job😉🐾

    Nose nudges,
    CEO Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice to meet you, Phod. All true ladies are royalty (thus the title, Lady). All royalty needs protecting, even if they don't know it. It's your royal duty, even if she doesn't understand.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!