Saturday, April 20, 2013

Lady - Don't go away

My normal leaving routine is the same if it is for a night or just for a few hours: After the dogs are walked, the stairs blocked, and doors closed, the dogs get their greenies, I grab my bags and go. While I get some sad eyes sometimes, it isn't a big deal. Hailey rarely goes to the door to even see me leave. Phod usually does and I can see him watching me pull away. 
Cuddles on the couch after my return

On Thursday it went something like this:
House secured, gave greenies, grabbed all my bags and Zaphod ran into the garage with me. I had the car door open for my overnight bag, and Zaphod, got in the car. (Regular readers will remember that he hates the car and we usually have to force him in). When I said "You are staying here" he did get out and go cower in the corner. I had to drag him back into the house. Then as I was trying to close the garage door, he was sticking his nose and paw in it so I couldn't close it. Hailey set to howling her crazy frantic howl. Zaphod was whining. I was finally able to push him back and get the door closed.

I felt very guilty as I drove away, because I could hear them crying. 

Apparently while I was away they were fine.

When I came home, they were happy to see me and Zaphod stuck to me more then usual. 

Not sure why this trip (I am usually away from home a couple of nights a month), set Zaphod off. I hope the next trip isn't as sad for them!


Note from Hailey: While the last of the snow went away yesterday, we are pretending it is not snowing out today. It doesn't seem to be staying.

10 comments:

  1. My boys guilt me something fierce when I have to leave. We have doggy cams in the house, and Sam pines away in front of the door until I come home. It breaks my heart every time.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Phod getting the car to be with you sure shows how much he loves you. Bless. Hope your snow does not settle and that you get better weather now. Have a super Saturday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. We hate leaving Sam alone overnight but if we must - we must....and he's always just fine but that "sad eyes" thing before we leave when he KNOWS we're leaving and the major pout session on our return are painful!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phod got in the car all on his own?!! WOW, Phod must really wanted ot be with you.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes I hate it extra when mom leaves me. Good thing this rarely happens! Yes, we dogs get attached to our people. If Phod got in the car he REALLY was going to miss you! BTW, just wanted to mention we might not be around too much for the next week. Mom just painted the kitchen and mudroom and she is getting ready to do the living room/hall/stairway. She says she hates painting, oops she said to put that in caps, HATES painting and these big projects are miserable. Me and Stanley hate them cuz we get lonely.

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are sooooo impressed that Phod got IN the car! Hope you making him get out doesn't make him frightened again!

    They just want the pack to be back all together. Putting on a sad show is always good....could provide more treats.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  7. When Gail goes away she tries to fool me into thinking she's just going out to the shops. As if all that charade of hiding the overnight bag etc. would ever fool a smart chap like me.
    Like the Scotsmad girls, I am so impressed that Phod made it all the way to the car.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it when mummy leaves as she always gives me a kong:-)
    Good try getting your lady to stay though Phod!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wonder what they picked up on. I'm always amazed how they read us, sometimes even when we think we're doing nothing different. Glad you're home and had a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!