Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Trouble Tuesday - One Less Light

A few weeks ago, I was trying to finish up some work in my home office. The Man had come home early and was trying to have a nap.

There was a crash and the sound of shattering glass outside my office door. My first thought was, what do we have that is glass.

I opened the door to see the floor lamp laying down and the shade and bulb shattered all over the floor. I didn't think to take a picture as I was focused on safety. Getting the dogs away from the glass. Getting shoes for me and making sure all the glass was picked up. The glass was everywhere. It really did shatter.

I am happy to report that no one was hurt. The floor is damaged and the light is without a shade. Actually, since we haven't been using that room lately, the lamp has been tucked away.



15 comments:

  1. wow... what caused that accident? magic or a haunted lamp shade? the mama always thinks the same furst: what do we have that is glass, plastic, steel, fabric when she hears dangerous noises LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. hari Om
    oh dear... paper shade for the upgrade, and some lead weights to the foot? Or a wall light. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's scary. Glad everyone was OK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, shattering glass is skeery. Momma dropped my ceramic bowl yesterday and it shattered ALL over the kitchen. She yelled at me for trying to investigate when she ran to get the broom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh nose, glass shattering is a dangerous thingy, it seems to go fur miles and hides in the strangest of places
    Ummm, I wonder how it smashed though????
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom panics when there is glass on the floor too. Thank goodness that you pups weren't around to get blamed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh oh! How did the lamp fall down? Surely you pups had nothing to do with it. Glad no one got hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes....K10 thank goodness you were home to keep everyone safe glass goes everywhere.
    I've never understood how when a minuscule amount of milk spills it looks like one spilled an entire carton.
    Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete
  9. We're glad no one got hurt. Broken glass and paws don't mix. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our pawrents always freak out if any glass is broken just like you. The first order of business is to get us out of the way so the clean up can be done. We too are wondering how that lamp crashed to the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad no one was hurt. Broken glass terrifies me since the dogs feel compelled to investigate why I'm freaking out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whew, quick action on your part made things safe for all! Were the squirrels up to no good again???

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad everyone was okay. We hope that wasn't a lamp you liked.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooopsies! Wells, good work not getting cut! Ma would have ended up with a thousand cuts on her paws! (and yelled at MOI to stay away...I bets you didn't yells at YOUR pups....)
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!