- Valentine's Day weekend - Record cold snap brought us -45C/-49F for 3 days.
- February 16 we had the storm of the century and got 50 or so cm/20 inches. The plus was it was not that cold out (-4C/25F) [FYI we are still 20 cm/8 inches below how much snow we have most years at this time of year]
- The 17th - I don't remember.
- The 18th and 19th - cold again - morning temperatures around -25C/-13F
- We got another few inches of snow overnight on Friday, to be followed by warming on Saturday (4C/39F) and pouring rain! It made everything slushy and gross.
- Sunday, temperatures around 0C/32F, light snow in the morning but sun in the afternoon.
- The temperature is going to drop to -18C/0F overnight.
Needless to say we didn't get out the way we normally due many days last week. The pups have handled it well. On Saturday, when we went for our walk, they were thrilled! Sunday we went for a snowshoe. Even with the rain it was still very deep in the bush.
|In the driveway - showing how high the snowbank still is|
|Phody leading the Man to follow the girls' tracks|
|"Hurry up boys!"|
Here is a short video of Hailey making her way through the deep snow. She sort of slinks/swims.
This week is looking warmer, but currently there is a fair bit of snow - possible totals of 35 cm/13 inches forecasted for Wednesday-Friday. Sigh!