Monday, June 15, 2020

Mischief Monday - Lee vs the Storm - by Lee

It was a dark and stormy Wednesday night/Thursday morning. At approximately 12:20 am, I became aware that we were going to die. I alerted the people.

Too tired the next day

Lady heard my alert and got up. She opened doors, blocked the guest room which I was trying to dig my way through, turned on lights. She settled on the couch.  While I was pacy, I was able to settle as the world was right enough.

Then the worst of the storm hit shortly after 3 am. I went into full alert. I tried destroying the crate (which I was not in, but it was blocking the guest room). I destroyed some toilet paper. I ripped up my bed. Lady tried to get me to settle but I could not.

Add caption


Lady brought in reinforcements.  She went and got Man, who was in bed with a scared Phod on his head. I don't know what Lady said because I was destroying things, but the Man got up. He came down, told me I had made a mess and now it was time to go to sleep. He moved to the couch. I settled down and sort of slept until the morning.


This blanket is very ripped up now. Good thing Lady bought it at a thrift shop for me!
Lady was very, very annoyed that I would only not believe the world was ending unless the Man told me. While she was  annoyed, she also realized it won't be her that has to get up with me.


Lady is using what is left of the semi-destroyed roll! 

In spite this bad night (that lead into a crazy 2 days, which Phod will tell you about tomorrow), Man and Lady still aren't putting me on meds. I like being off them best, they like me off them best and are still able to be home most of the time. This may change as things open up.

Lady says she can't tell who won this, me or the storm . . . . It is a draw I think!

Catching up on my beauty sleep! 


13 comments:

  1. Humans are SO ungrateful! You alerted them that the deadly storm was coming, you destroyed the blockage to the safety of the guest room, and you threatened the monsters away by showing what you'd do to them with toilet paper demonstration. And they were upset with you?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big boys did daddy can't understand why big boy can't lay down when the world's coming to an end! It's always mom that has to get up and if I sit on the sofa he will pace and wine but if I get in bed he gets really crazy but he doesn't tear anything up. Three nights in a row right after we went to sleep an hour or so after we went to sleep the storms came mama had to get up and then mama had to go to bed. If it's just a small storm we can let him get on the bed with us and he'll lay there and shiver and Shake on the bed but if it's a bad storm he has to Pace. We live in Florida where we get storms like you get storms all the time too. I would be using that toilet paper also. Tell Mom she did a great job of taking the picture of the toilet paper it's like a piece of art dog art haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're sorry to hear you had such a bad storm and it upset you. It's good to know that your pawrents love you despite destroying all those things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lee darlin girl...you know I am on your side when it comes to storms BUT oh my dogs you destroyed white gold!!! BOL BOL BOL
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dilly-Dog feels your pain. She likes to wedge herself into the Tight Space between the drum table and the chair. She'd better stop eating so much if she still wants to fit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh poor Lee, we do hope you don't get too many more thunderstorms, especially as we like the idea of you being 'you' and not having to take too many meds.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie (and Gail).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no - not the precious tp! I love hiding in the bathtub when it storms but mom blocks me out because I dig inside the tub and she says this is destructive so I've learned to hide on the side of her bed opposite the windows. Storms are horrible and I hate them as much as you do, Hailey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hari OM
    Oh my... I do hope this mini-tornado in the house was only your artistic rendition of the storm outside ... and that like Banksy art, will pass away... hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. We agree, most likely a draw!
    xoxo,
    Rosy, Jakey & Arty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Lee! We wish you could understand that a storm does not mean the world is going to end.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Lee, sorry abouts the bad night(s). Wells, I am glads you got through it, and you didn't destroy all the TP! (peeps seem to really cherish the stuffs....don't gets it myself)
    {{{hugs}}}
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh dear!! I definitely fink you might have had a leg up on dat storm...I mean look at dat toilet paper it did not stand a chance and I finks you would has done da same to da storm if it had gotten in da house ;) Pawrayers fur no more storms dis week fur ya'll!!

    xoxo,
    Matt & Matilda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those storms are very vexing and we sympathize with you dear Lee. Sending calming thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!