I turned and said that to the Man last Wednesday, when having newborn kittens was fresh and we were both tired and I laughed and laughed and he gave me the look.
This is how this happened.
We knew Friendly and Austin were being picked up for their forever homes on Friday the 11th. They stayed an extra few days because Friendly was getting spayed on Monday and we didn't want her to have to move right away. We moved them into my office, to make space for Celeste, Acorn and Oakley, who were coming as soon as they were caught (it took almost a week for this to happen). We knew we would have 8 cats for a few days.
Then when Celeste gave birth, we had to move Acorn and Oakley somewhere and the only space was the bathroom (our house is very open concept). they are staying in the bathroom for now as my office is really not ideal for kittens.
So for 3.5 days or so we had 12 cats.
Tigris, Styx and Lanie
Friendly and Austin
Celeste and 4 newborns
Acorn and Oakley
I am going to be honest, this was a lot. I do not recommend.
Friday we said goodbye to Friendly and Austin. We wish them all the best with their new family and hope Austin escapes getting dressed up by little girls (although I don't know if he will).
![]() |
| The first day after spay, she slept on me all day |


thats a super title for a song or a movie... 12 cats in the house, no chance for the mouse...
ReplyDeleteTwelve animals of any kind is a lot to take care of. I'm glad to hear Austin and Friendly have moved on to new homes.
ReplyDelete