Monday, July 28, 2014

Beach Life is Tiring!

Hailey Update: The Man reports that Hailey's paw appears to be 100% better. Lee was able to go on a run with the Man this morning. So either it was a little strain or perhaps a second sting. At any rate, we are just thrilled she is better.

Now to Phod and his first full day at the beach.

Phod who normally sleeps on the floor (hates to be on the bed) slept at the bottom of the bed all night. He slept and slept and slept and I am not 100% sure he was ready to get up when I woke up at 7 am.

More love from Brooke and Kayd
He adjusted well to the routine here. Bathroom break and then a wait for breakie at 8 (my parents are retired and if they feed Tendra when they get up, she would have them up at 4 am, so they have a strict 8 am feeding time). After breakie it was walk time. My dad took Barley for a walk on the beach and Phod and I joined my mom, Tendra and my cousins for a road walk. While he pulled more than usual he did well. He whined a little when he saw dogs he couldn't say hi to, but other than that, was a champ.

Shortly after morning walk I had to get ready to go to town. I was having lunch with a family friend. He stayed here and apparently did great. He was having a great time playing fetch at the lake when I returned.

After beach, my aunt and uncle came for a visit. Then my other aunt and her son came. We were a party of 9 and Phod was his regular calm self. Everyone loved him. Some of my family admitted to have a prejudice against German Shepherds. They admitted to being a little nervous around them. Phod changed their mind about this and they all learned not to judge a dog by his or her breed. I told Phod he should be the poster boy for German Shepherd's Rock!

After all this company has him pretty tired out!


Today, he will be at the house without me for most of the day as my dad and I will be going out of town to visit my 92 year old grandmother. I am sure he will be an angel for his Grammie!



We are still hopelessly behind in reading all your blogs (all this company is great but interfering with our routine), but did finally have enough time to catch up with the FFHT (which we loved). We think after tomorrow the last 2 days will be more relaxed and reading will be in our future!




19 comments:

  1. Way to go Phod - you are a champ for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it is all going well and Phod is having a great time. Wonder is he will be a bed dog from now on? Glad too all is well with Lee. Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Phod that is great that everyone has fallin in loves wif you....we knew they would...enjoy the beach for us also.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so happy your feets are better. Company does tire you out cause of all the snoopervising
    Snorts
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for Lee being better and yay for Phod being such a good pup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SOUNDS LIKE PHOD IS GETTING EXTRA ATTENTION FROM HIS GRAMMIE TODAY...WOOHOO
    HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD VISIT WITH YOUR GRAMMIE TOO
    HUGS MADI YOUR BFFF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for stopping by to wish me a Happy Gotcha Day! I am so happy that Lee's paw appears to be better, that is GREAT news!!! Sounds like the trip is going well and I am happy to hear that! Love, Cody

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh i'm glad her paw is feeling better!~~
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great that the visit is going so well for Phod, and good that hear that Hailey is fine, less worry for Lady.
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Greta

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are so glad things are going well!!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to here the paw is doing better. A beach day is a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear the paw is better. It's so hard to keep up with reading all the blogs, isn't it??

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad Hailey's paw is better. Good thing she didn't have an allergic reaction to the sting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am glad the paws are better too
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like everyone is having a good time.

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so so pleased to hear it is going well and you are both having a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! It' so odd how people think of dogs. I have a huge weakness for the 3 German breeds: shepherds, dobies and rotts... because I find them more affectionate than any others! I don't see those other negatives others see...I just see a big baby who would rather be in someone's lap!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!