Tuesday, July 29, 2014

More News from the Beach


I forgot to share Phod's mischief yesterday. My parents have their deck gated so their pups can go out and enjoy the sun (there yard is not fenced). Phod figured out that the gate at the bottom of a set of stairs was jumpable and he jumped over it and took himself for a swim at the lake. (The deck is out front and from it you can see the lake from it). Steps have been taken to block the stairs so others can enjoy the deck without us worrying about someone jumping.

Chew time
Part of Tendra and Barley's after dinner routine consists of having a kong followed by having a chew. Phod is refusing to eat his kong at this house (he doesn't love them at our house, but will eat them). I assume it is because we use different peanut butter at home. Tendra is loving having 2 kongs a night. Historically, Phod has not enjoyed raw hide either (he is a really picky eater), but Sunday night he stole part of Tendra's and chewed it a bit. When given his own Monday, he wouldn't eat it. He is a silly boy.

Night Two, Phod only slept with me about half the night and around 2 am decided to go back to his own bed (which I brought with me). I must admit, while I love the snuggles, I do enjoy the leg room when he is on the floor.


Yesterday was my whole day away to visit my grandmother. How was my boy while I was out? As you can see from these pictures, he was very stressed:)


Stress pose 1


Stress pose 2
Note Barley in the background and yes my parents bought a couch to match the dog! 

24 comments:

  1. Ha ha we can see just how stressed out Phod was. We are pleased as at least you know you can be out and about without worrying. Nice one. Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. saving up his energy for another day .....he looks happy just chillin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice High Jumpin to enjoy a good cool down in da lake. I can't jump dat high. Sometimes it's a real drag being short.
    I see you stress out like I do when Mom leaves. hehehe
    Wags,
    Ranger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phod you left you partner in crime behind, probably much better for Hailey to stay with Dad. You definitely look all stressed out but I am sure sneaking a swim in a lake can do that to a dog. It is great that you could go and see family.
    Thanks for being a friend
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Phod you took a swim!! That's so funny but you better not swim without an adult present
    Snorts
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great that your parents get along so well with the dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey PHOD.... did you make SURE to wait 87 minutes after eating before you took your JUMP to the Lake?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good there, not stressed at all!!!
    Now I only garden for foodables!!!!! Something we can eat!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sleeping with kitty Madi on the bed was hard on the legs too. She liked to get in between one person's legs..pinning you into that position and of course becomes upset should you try to move.
    Thankfully as she aged she came to love her own space
    Hugs madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
  10. Monty only wants chewies if they belong to someone else.

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mom says she wishes she could be that stressed most days...
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chillaxin away huh?
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww he is having a good ol time! Sometimes things just taste better when you are on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad things are going well. Phod looks like he is enjoying it as well!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  15. BOL! That boy is keepin' you on your toes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, he certainly does(n't) look stressed!

    Pat
    Critter Alley

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Phod,

    First of all, nice job on the Great Escape to the Lake! Sounds like fun! Secondly, someone else's rawhide is always better than ones own rawhide, no? Ojo and I often switch!

    Happy continuing vacation!
    Cobi

    ReplyDelete
  18. We are so glad Phod seems to be fitting in!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that your folks bought the couch to match the dog - my kind of people!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Buying a couch to match the dog is smart in my book! Mabel used to always sleep when I left her...I think that is their way of dealing with stress!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope you didn't take it too hard that Phod was so (not) stressed without you, and doesn't want to sleep with you all night! I always feel disappointed when Luke chooses to sleep on the floor, but , yup, as soon as he comes up and hogs the bed I wonder why! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!