Saturday, July 26, 2014

My Poor, Poor Girl

First, thank you all so much for your kind notes regarding Gheera's death. It was much appreciated. I will blog more about him in the next week or so.

Yesterday I worked my butt off to get all the work I needed to get done before my vacation. Shortly after 3 I finished with a  huge sigh! I took the dogs out for a play time while I just chilled for a bit (my plan was to do some writing and then visit all your blogs).
Getting some love

Hailey was happily playing in the yard when shortly after 4 she was stung and hurt her front left paw. As soon as I realized what had happened I raced to her and got her inside.

I spent a great deal of time checking out her leg. I wasn't sure if she had been stung on it or if when she rolled she had hurt it. I checked it and touched it and pulled it and while she didn't want to put a lot of weight on it, it didn't seem to hurt too much.

The Man arrived home about 15 minutes later and that is when he noticed her face. The left side of her face had started to swell up. This is when I got really worried and called the vet. Fortunately our friend and vet was at the clinic and available. I explained what happened and he told us what to do. For the sting, if she had been severely allergic to it, we would likely have seen the distress already, so we were likely out of the woods for that. He asked what anti-histamines we had in the house. All we had was Reactine, so he gave us the dose for this, suggested Aspirin if needed and ice for her face and leg. He of course went over the serious signs to look though (but again, he wasn't as worried about these as it had been about 30 minutes since the sting).
The swollen face (on the right in the picture)

My poor girl has been miserable every since. She is not feeling well, she can't get comfy.  We will rest her leg as best as we can. [Note the swelling went down within a couple hours].

Because life isn't crazy enough - Zaphod and I are leaving, bright and early on our first road trip. Yes, I am taking my really, really, car sick getting dog on a 650 km (400 mile) trip to visit my parents for a few days. I decided I could only handle one on my own at the rest stops etc, and since Phod has never gone (and will be easier when I get there), he won. So life is not going to get any better for my girl tomorrow.

We will be blogging from the beach about Phod's adventures, how LeeLee is doing and of course will have time to catch up on the Fryday Hairy Tails we are so looking forward to!


19 comments:

  1. Poor Hailey! Bee stings are no fun and we swell up too. We sure hope that all will return to normal in a day or two.

    Good luck on the car trip Phod. We hope you don't get sick in the car along the way.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about Lee and we hope she is better soon. Sending healing vibes and POTP. Safe trip and look forward to the adventure of Phod on the beach. By the way good luck with Phod in the car. Have a super Saturday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Hailey - we can imagine how uncomfortable she must be. Have a great vacation

    ReplyDelete
  4. We hope you have fun on your vacation and that Hailey feels better soon.

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor thing, I hope she's feeling better soon. And, good luck with your road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are crossing our paws that Hailey feels better soon. Have fun on your adventure with Phod too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dearie me......poor Hailey......hopefully she's better today. Have fun on your vacation - maybe Phod will surprise you and NOT get sick in the car!!!

    Hugs, Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending some pug POTP to Hailey. Hope she will feel better real soon. Enjoy our trip with Phod!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Greta

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that sounds horrible. I hope that Hailey feels better soon and have a safe trip.

    wags
    Jazzi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, it's always something isn't it? We hope Phod is better by now and that this trip gets Lee over his car sickies!!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG don't you guys ever get a break? Poor Hailey, hoping she is on the mend soon! Have a safe and great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Poor Lee. But we know Man will give her lots of lovin' while you and Phod are gone. Glad Phod's foot is ready for the beach! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Poor dog hope she feels better

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh poor baby that sting must have hurt so bad. Feel better sweetie
    Snorts
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  15. OHHH OWIEEEEE!! I hope the footie feels better soon
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh poor Lee... I hope you feel better soon. I wish you a good trip with Phod, hope all goes well and you have some great days at your pawrents.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awwww poor girl! I hope she feels better soon!! Good luck on your trip as well.
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Look at her paw little face, bless her!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!