Friday, July 25, 2014

Fractured Fryday Hairy Tails - by Hailey

Today we are participating in Murphy and Stanley's:


The rules: Take the target sentence or inclusion statement and write whatever you want!

Here is our story:

My ears perked up as I heard the wheels on the gravel. It wasn't my Man or Lady's vehicle, it was big vehicle. I barked and barked and barked and barked as the UPS guy left a huge box on the front porch. 

I had to wait for 87 million hours for Lady to get home and bring the big box inside. When she put it on the floor, I sniffed it. It smelt like dirt and something else I couldn't put my finger on. After a good sniff, it was time to open it. 

 “When I opened the box I was startled to find . . .”


Darth Groundhog!


Picture from: www.funnywildlife.com - without permission

He leaped out of the box with his light sabre. He was yelling something in Groundhog language I didn't understand while he was waving his light sabre. He was very angry (maybe because of that incident recently with Junior . . . .)

I was momentarily so stunned I couldn't move, but then as he came closer I knew what to do.

I picked up the box, dropped it on his head, causing him to drop the light sabre. I kicked it out of the way, we dogs don't need things like light sabres, we have paws and jaws! I grabbed Darth Groundhog by the tail, put him back into the box, sealed the box.

I scratched at the door until Lady opened it. She let me out and I dragged my box outside.

I stood over it as it was bouncing with angry Darth Groundhog sealed inside, deciding what to do.

Should I mail the box back to timbuktu? 
Should I drag it to the lake and drown him? 
Should I bury it in the yard?
Should I left him go and try and call a cease fire and work on a peace treaty?????

Let me know what you think I should do!

21 comments:

  1. I think we would be sending it to Timbuktu - you just never know what he might try next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toby and I say work on a treaty and negotiate to have him teach you his Jedi ways!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Y'all!

    Uh oh, I left the box out...I forgot about it when I was pawin' my post. Love that squirrel...

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Timbuktu we say and make sure you send it snail mail. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. We gotta agree with Amy & Toby (above.) Learning the way of the Jedi would be really, really pawsome!!

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMD he came fur REVENGE after the JUNIOR incidents??? We say Send him SLOW BOAT to Timbuktu.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Timbuktu there is no negotiating. He will continue to fight to the death.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahahaha! that was adorable!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMD! Darth Groundhog! Send him back to Timbuktu!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Greta

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful story, we didn't see that one coming! Hmmm . . . what to do?? We think you should mail him to Mr. Putin! Thanks for pawticipating!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well we practice live and let live around here - and that includes the groundhogs that hang out BUT if one of them picked up his light sabre and began waving it around I just might have to call a halt to the peace treaty!

    Hugs, Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I fink you should find him a job where he can earns enuf monies where your momma can stay home wif you two everyday...if he won't accept those rules then ship him off to Siberia.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would write on the box: you are NOT my father, best wishes to Luke and I would send it back to Galactic Empire ( I have no clue about the address)... maybe to bury the box in the yard is the best idea...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for your visit to our blog!!! I can not see what i wrote?? Hope it is oK

    ReplyDelete
  15. BOL... goodness... I wouldn't know what to do either. Maybe you should just mail him back to where ever he came from!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMD! That's scary. Send him to NASA so they'll send him into outer space.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great story guys! Check this out!! On Cyber Monday last year, we were attacked by Cyber squirrels! I think your Darth Groundhog was selling them his weapons! Here's the link to that episode:

    thedailybonebychester.blogspot.com/2013/12/cyber-monday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if that link didn't work, just go to The Daily Bone archive to the date: 2/12/2012 "Cyber Monday"

      Delete
  18. We vote for Timbuktu. Get that thing as far away as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  19. But hes kinda cute,, and he might be trainable soo I say keep him around,, and treat him with kindness, and he will then be a nice Groundhog.
    I love this story.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like you took care of that guy. Good job
    Wags
    Jazzi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!