As we prepare to celebrate our boy's 6th birthday tomorrow, we thought it would be fun to share 6 things to know about Zaphod!
One month after he came to live with us
1) He was found as a stray so we don't know exactly when his birthday is or exactly how old he is. When he was found it was estimated he was about a year old, so we picked the first of April to celebrate his birthday as it is his Aunt K's birthday.
2) His middle name should be fetch because it is his very favourite thing in the whole world. He may be a bit of a fetch-a-holic. He has and will fetch until he passes out.
3) He should be an ambassador for his breed. People are often originally put off by the thought of being around a German Shepherd (a feeling I admit to feeling before I met him) but he is the gentlest, most loving dog in the world, despite having survived abuse. People instantly fall in love with him. We even have a friend who in general is scared of/doesn't like dogs, and he loves Phod. I always say he has ruined me for other dogs!
4) His least favourite game is "Mine". This is where the Man takes one of his toys, holds it and says "It is mine." Phod will bark at the Man to try and get his toy back
5) His nicknames include Phod, Phody, Roo, Roo Bear, and Buddy.
6) It is only over the past few months (and he has been with us for 4.5 years now) that he has taken to begging, demanding love, and more consistently asking to go outside. Before he would only come to the kitchen/sniff around it, if we called him. He would wait for us to call him up for love and only in the most desperate situations would he indicate he had to go out. While Hailey is still more likely to ask to go out because she knows he has to, he is more regularly nudging us toward the door.
Reminder: It is the last day to enter our When Will The Snow Be Gone contest. Click HERE for the details!