Thursday, July 17, 2014

An Acceptance Speech by Hailey

Hawk was kind enough to share (what I think is a much deserved award, I am truly under appreciated in my life) this fabulous Shine On Award.

I am going to break some of the rules for this award (I don't follow rules well), but am giving a great big thank you to Hawk for thinking of me (I know it was out of kindness that he mentioned Zaphod on his blog).



Here are 7 random things about me:

1) I don't like most fruit and veggies. I try them and will sometimes eat them, but mostly just because I am afraid Phod will take them.

2) My Lady's favourite part of her day, is often in the wee hours of the morning when I decide to honour her with a leg snuggling in her sleep.

3) I am no longer that excited to see deer. While I am alert when they cross our path most morning, I don't try and yank Lady's arm off any more (the same can not be said for small creatures such as ravens, cats, frogs, groundhogs, squirrels).

4) I will only let my Man cut my nails, even though the Lady did all the work to make me not terrified of having them cut.

5) I jump up on people I love when they first enter the house. This is how they know I love them and no matter what Lady does, she can't get me to stop. I will be calm and they will think they are safe, but then when the don't expect it, I will jump.

6) Hero's dog treats are currently my favourite (this is how the Lady is getting me to do rollover).

7) I like routine. I can tell time and am very good at letting my people know when they are not following the correct routine (like stare, scratch at the door to say my dinner is late and sass them).


I am suppose to nominate people for this award, but it is always so hard because everyone deserves it, so I am passing it to everyone!

Thanks again Hawk!

21 comments:

  1. We had a hard time nominating folks too!

    Congratulations!

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good answers for such a well deserved award! We don't like fruit and veggie's either butt Mommy always slips stuff in our food.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well there you go - a little more about you we didn't know :) A well deserved award we think :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great that you had that award. COS YOU DESERVED IT.
    Luv's Cat Flap Cavalier X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your very well deserved reward
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to your award! Shine on, Hailey! I think we are related... I only play with fruits and they are good to make a mess, butt I never eat them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the RICHLY deserved award... You did super with your answers...
    OH the RAVENS..... WE are STILL Laughing about your names for the three of them... ED AL and POE
    THAT just CRACKS us UP!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bravo! Well-deserved! I like hearing the random facts about everybody!
    *Cairn cuddles*
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hailey your starting to become a full out DOG, you gots a routine and know the time, well that puppy had to leave sometime. Dad says he don't mind being jumped on, cause he knows that how we show our happiness and love! So, good job, keep jumping!

    The Mad Pirate Scots

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your award. We love hearing about you. We treat fruit and vegies the same way you do....definitely give us meat or fish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your award! You are quite a character, Hailey! Cricket will also only eat fruits and veggies if she thinks Luke is going to get them from her (he loves them).
    Routines are very important and you are wise to be sure everyone in your household sticks to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Lee,

    Congratulations on your award! I do not like most veggies either (except for cooked peas - yum!!), but I sill eat them so that Ojo will not get them. The same goes for bananas and peanut butter. These things are both yucky and make my nose curl up, but I MUST eat them when Ojo is around or else she gobbles them all! Oh, the things we must do...

    Congratulations again!

    Licks,
    Cobi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful award for a wonderful friend. Loved reading your answers.
    Have a great evening and Happy Friday.
    Noreen & Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great acceptance speech Hailey!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's great to learn more about you, Hailey! Great speech.... I love the part about jumping. R uses a similar technique as you do :)

    Congrats! Shine on!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMD I'm like you I can tell time too! And I get a little demanding if there not watching the clock. I push my nose against there legs and if that don't work I give them a little growl with a bark at the end and that usually gets them back on track.

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing some of your secrets with us!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woohooo!!!! Congrats!!!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hahahahahaha! You are sooooooo funnies! #5 made us laugh and laugh! The Human never minds it when woofies jump up on her unless they are mean, but if it's a friendly woofie she is fine with it.

    Me? I don't THINK so!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for sharing your pawsome award with all of us!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on your award!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!