Up at 5:30, walk the dogs, get ready, and the dogs and I are in the car by 6:40. Somewhere on the drive, Hailey gets out of her new harness and tries to get in the front seat with me. Finally arrive at day camp. To make my life a little less crazy, I made the decision to board the dogs for about 36 hours. It has kind of broken my heart to do it, but I know it is for the best. I arrive at work at 8:35. This is when Man calls to say his CT Scan is at 1, I need to come home. So I cancel with all my clients and drive the 62 km home. I had a little time to relax and pack our bag for the day (although I didn't pack enough food).
For this appointment : I had to drive him to hospital A (30 minutes away) to have the IV put in, to then drive another 25 minutes to hospital B to have the scan, then had to stop by Man's work and return the work pager as he shouldn't be the one on call this week, before driving back to hospital A to get the results. We waited 2.5 hours (after we were told the results were in) to be told he had colitis, unsure if viral or inflammatory bowel disease. At this point they order more blood work. 2.5 hours later, we are told the blood work is the same as Friday and Saturday, a colonoscopy has been ordered and should take place later this week, the IV is removed and we go home. We are now up to 20.5 hours of hospital time since Friday at 9:30 pm. Because we get a days notice for this next test, I hopefully will actually get to work tomorrow and pick the pups up so my dog guilt stops.
People have asked how much snow we have left. Well as of Sunday, this was our back deck:
We haven't used the BBQ for awhile. While it has been pretty darn cold in the mornings (close to -20C/4 F) the weather looks like it is going to start to warm up and the rain will help wash the snow away. (Temperatures are in Celsius)