Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I'm taking the Pet Blogger Challenge - 2012


I saw this was happening on another blog last week. Right now I can't even remember to give that blog credit! It had been my dream to put the button about it on my blog, however, I have been unusually busy the past few days and didn't get to it.


1. When did you begin your blog?
 September 2010
2. What was your original purpose for starting a blog?

To let the people who rescued Lee know where she was and to share my puppy stories with my family and friends. 
3. Is your current purpose the same?

Sort of. 
If not, what’s different?

I now use it to connect with the dog community locally and across North America. Sharing stories helps me survive life with dog(s). There is comfort in knowing you are not alone and there is a lot of knowledge you can tap into for free!
If so, how do you feel you’ve met your goals?
I think I have created something that at least my family and friends find amusing so they check in. They don't comment on the blog much, but they do comment to me a lot. 
4. Do you blog on a schedule or as the spirit moves you?

Both
If the former, how often — and what techniques do you use to stick to it?

I suffer mild OCD, so not posting for a day is stressful for me, so I try and avoid this.
 I often write things in advance when the mood strikes and post them later when I don't have time to write or it has been a quiet day. 
If the latter, do you worry about… well, whatever you might worry about (e.g. losing traffic, losing momentum)?
My goal was never traffic, so I don't worry about it. Don't get me wrong, I am always excited to see that more people have visited, but if they don't, I don't stress about it. I view the blog as my journal that I have left on the table that people can read or not. 
5. Are you generating income from your blog?

Nope. This is purely my hobby. 
If not currently, do you hope to in the future — and how?

 I think making my hobby a business, when I have enough business to deal with, may take the fun out of it. 
6. What do you like most about blogging in general and your blog in particular (bragging is good!)?

I love to write so that is what I love in general. It allows me to be creative about something I love. I do love my job, but it can be very high stress, so this gives me an outlet not related to work to have fun in!

My blog - I think it is stories of an average Jane living with pets. I think it is a rather honest look into the pet ownership side of my life. I try and tell it like it is, the good, the bad and the ugly.

I think my blog is funny (I am often laughing as I read it). In general I am the type of person who finds humour in 99% of things. I believe what doesn't kill you, you can laugh about later. I bring this to everything I do and try to bring it to my life with my dog (and this has probably saved her more times then she could count!)

That being said, being a pet owner isn't all fun and games. Life's a bitch and then you die, a fairly wise guy has told me repeatedly.  I have  been sharing is my struggle with grief after the tragic death of Gemini, which to date has not brought my humour to my life (although we do joke that our dogs don't live to double digits, and that white or light coloured animals have short life spans in our home). I do add moments of this, because that is the real world. One moment I may be laughing at something crazy Hailey has done, and the next my heart is aching over loss.

7. What do you like least?

I am a horrible speller, so I hate dealing with that.
If I disliked doing it, I would stop. Life is to short to have hobbies you don't love!

8. How do you see your blog changing/growing in 2012?

I have no specific plans for it. I didn't expect it to last this long and lead me to this large pet blog community to begin with. So we will just see where it goes. My biggest concern is that as my pup settles, I will run out of things to write about. Maybe if that happens I can convince hubby it is time for another furry pack member:)

2 comments:

  1. Great answers! What a great idea to keep Lee's rescuers involved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The people who rescued my Lee will always have a very special place in our hearts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!