Saturday, May 27, 2017

Being Weird

Wednesday was my first day home after a week away. I got to work at home, which was a nice transition for everyone (and nice for me to not have to get back into a car after an 8.5 hour drive the day before).

While the pups were over the moon Tuesday night at my return (Hailey just kept barking at me and my boy stayed extra close), they seemed back to their old selves Wednesday.  However, around dinner time Hailey started to be weird. She started acting like she does when their is a storm or something coming.  It was sunny out.  I was in the kitchen cooking up batches of food for upcoming work lunches (I cook in bulk and freeze some), Hailey got one of her babies and stood acting scared.

The only thing I can think that may have been scary was the fact I was cooking!



Maybe she just wanted to keep me on my toes! 

17 comments:

  1. the mama was always scared too when her mom started to cook hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you were a wee bit nervous that the Lady might leave you again, Hailey?

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe the anticipation of what you were cooking was making her excited!! Glad that you are home again

    wags
    Oreo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yuppers, I'm with Phenny, I'm ALWAYS scared if Ma is cookin'!!!! I keeps the emergency peeps on speed dial! Butts, sounds like you knows what you're doin', so maybe she was just needin' some extra attention. I do that. though, I just drop ball after ball, after ball at Ma's feet til she trips and sprains her ankles.....☺
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet of Hailey to bring one of her babies....maybe she thought it made a good bribe to convince you not to go away again?!

    Hugs, Teddy

    ReplyDelete
  6. [smirk] They always try to lord it over us after an absence. Welcome home...oh by the way, we're going to be totally weird toward you for a few days. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe she's worried you're going out of town again....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hailey we divas do not like our routines messed with....PERIOD EXCLAMATION POINT
    HUGS MADI YOUR BFFF

    ReplyDelete
  9. We think Madi has a point! Perhaps she's trying to make you feel guilty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah...we were wondering if she was afraid you were traveling again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, maybe she wuz tryin to make ya feel guilty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good job keeping your Mama guessing Hailey!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sometimes weirdness happens. There's no rhyme or reason behind it. A toy buddy makes it all better.

    Love and licks,
    Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  14. I bet your glad she back...Did she get you that stuff toy when she was gone?
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cooking can cause so many troubles for all creatures BOL!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  16. We bet Hailey was just trying to make sure you didn't leave anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're reminding me of the sardine fiasco here. I decided canned food was not good enough for my girls and made them a sardine concoction. They both sniffed at it and backed away slowly. I was given the *evil eye* by both girls and have never tried cooking for them again. Perhaps this was what Hailey was afraid of.

    Jean

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!