Thursday, January 29, 2015

This and That Thursday

First, sorry we haven't been around much this week. It has been an incredibly busy week (in a good way).

Snuggling with me
People asked about the rabbit ear the dogs got as a treat. They were  dehydrated ears, fur and all. The name of the company escapes me, but I know it was a Canadian one. I found them at Global Pets, and they sold the treats individually. At first I was sort of grossed out by them, but I quickly got over it. The Man thinks they are totally gross!

The weather has still be very cold limiting our walk time (I know we all have cabin fever, in fact I think the whole city has cabin fever, people have just been grumpy and rude, especially when driving). We are working on several new tricks and hope to have one to show next week.

Hailey is working on: spin (in both directions), under (meaning go under my legs), and cop cop (which is very new and I love seeing her try and figure it out - she knows her paws need to go near my feet but hasn't figured out that they need to go on them).

Zaphod was working on cop cop, but . . . . .  the other day I went to use a physical prompt to help him and he got scared and sort of freaked out and fell on his face, and then Hailey stepped on his face as she tried to get to the cookie. It was a super funny disaster I wish I had on tape. After the fall, he left the training area and went to sulk. We are going to take a break from that one. He is working on under, spin, crawl and continuing to work on back up.

Next week is the police academy training. We will be teaching some courses, so drop by and maybe you will learn a thing or two!

Hope everyone is having a great week.

18 comments:

  1. I finks you are amazing with all the training and learning thingys you do.
    Butt, I am hoping that Mum doesn't read this and fink she's gonna get me to do anythingy as smart!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Oh it is so good that you are able to continue training stuffs despite the 87 gazillions of snowflakes outside! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will be sure to drop by for training next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can only imagine what your cabin fever is like....it is no fun when it too cold to even step outside

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phod we did chuckle but we also could hug you as you are such a sweet boy. Have a tremendous Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that's for the ears up on those rabbit ear treats! I was wondering if they were raw or roasted, etc. I'm glad you all have found things to do so your cabin fever doesn't get too bad.
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have informed Lady that she is not to get any bright ideas tomorrow. I like Zaphod's snuggling training course.
    Licks,
    Marley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh german shepherds sulk too? I had no clue... maybe that counts for all german breeds, Easy is the same guy :o) Stay safe on the road, probably some people are related with grizzly's and in deep hibernation while they drive :o(
    easy Rider

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending you some Southern California warmth! and a big kiss to Phod!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh boy that was a disaster alright BOL
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have that dreaded cabinET Fever stuffs too... HATE WINTER..
    OMD we might just Ditch the Cabinet Fevers if we attend your classes... so Sign us UP...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now, did you laugh at the poor boy? That's probably why he was sulking.

    Sorry to rub it in, but we've been having VERY mild weather...even cold in the mornings, so we can be outside all day (not that we're trading our comfortable couch for the outdoors.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Training sounds like a great way to tame cabin fever!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nothing Added is a company right here in Ontario that does dehydrsted dog treat including rabbit ears. They creep me out. I buy a Christmas box each year and this year I chose a box that didn't have rabbit ears,

    ReplyDelete
  15. We know what you mean about the cabin fever! It goes from freezing to muddy to freezing here *sigh*. The Girls don't get to go outside and I don't get to go on my sunporch....come on summer!
    Luvs
    Marty

    ReplyDelete
  16. What fun tricks!!!! We are working on some too. It's such a great winter activity!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like the training is going great!!!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are some extra commands we should try too but we don't know what cop cop is?

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!