Monday, January 26, 2015

Mischief Monday - A Temporary Set Back

First, a follow up from yesterday's post. Hailey got the woof cookie and Phod the good dog but not because Hailey isn't good, she is a very good girl, but because she barks the most!

I decided not to blog about this until I knew the extend of our problem. Hailey has a history of peeing in the house when we are out. It has come and gone in waves, and restricting her access to parts of the house really help.

In our current home, for a long time the basement was blocked off when we were out because she peed on the floor, dog beds, guest bed etc. Our bedroom has also been off limits because she has peed on the bed. Slowly over the past year, she has gotten access back to the basement without incident, until the first week in January. That first week, after nearly 2 weeks of having people at home all the time, she peed on the floor 3 times. So for 2 weeks, we restricted her access and then due to our forgetful nature one morning, she had access and I am happy to report didn't have an accident. We will continue to monitor and give/restrict access based on her behaviour. We hope it was just a temporary thing.

This picture is from the first month she lived with us. I didn't have a new recently one, but when I came across this last week, it made me smile, so I thought it was worth sharing:)


21 comments:

  1. I finks Christmas time and a break with routine has unsettled me as well - hence my bed leakage incident! Oophs! Paws crossed I can be as good as Hailey and this doesn't become a habit!
    I luffs that photo, sooo cute
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    As Leah has pointed out, changes in routine can upset the waterworks - but this can also be a sign of attempting dominance. Tricky. Sounds like you are handling it well though! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are managing it OK. Paws crossed onwards and upwards and it stops for good. Have a Marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. she has a strong instinct to mark her territory and having visitors changed the scents in her house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do that too sometimes... wow that drives my momma crazy... but fortunately that's just a test how far I can stretch their nerves and it disappears after some days :o)
    Easy Rider

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I think that's a LOVELY picture and I'm super glad you shared it, for sure.

    Purrs,
    Nissy

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's always so frustrating. We still have issues with Harlow - I think we maybe have her fixed for indoor peeing but I don't really trust her all the way.

    Cute picture.

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor baby. Lots of pee pee pads
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  9. WE think it is a SEASONAL thingy... ACCIDENTS Do Happen...
    Love that picture..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pee pee problems are embarrassing. Poor Hailey.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh,,, my moms say that some furrys,,, try to tell us things when they do that,,, but no one knows what they are trying to say! An interperter is needed
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Ojo's Cousin Lee,

    Good Dog. It is much happier for everyone, you included I know, when there are no pees in the house. Happy Monday!

    Licks,
    Cobi

    ReplyDelete
  13. HER family dog when SHE was growing up, would leave a small spot of pee on the carpet whenever left by the family.....just to show her disapproval!

    We hope Lee will soon be able to have access to the whole house soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bilbo still (after 13 years) keeps us on our toes. He can go weeks with no incident and then BOOM....he decides that he doesn't want to go outside to do his business....
    Never a dull moment with fur-kids!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We have good days and bad days at ours house, and unusual stuff sits us off and visitors,,gus and mags are really bad about peeing on their bed, and blankies, and any throw rugs that they think are pee pads, occasionally gussie will pee on the foot stool....once the Christmas tree, I myself have been known to miss the pee pad, but mom thinks it is cos of my bad eyes....stella rose ps. she says she still loves us.....and natures miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thats an awesome pic of a sure sweetie....you know Bites always says to Mom,,,,,"sometimes stuff just happens" and I tell her "Mon, soemtimes you gotta go, you gotta go!"

    The Mad Scots

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww :(
    My Koda is an excited and a nervous pee-er. He isn't bad when left alone, it's when we come home he pees everywhere
    Hannah MidwestSiberians Holm-Hansen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beamer pees when he's nervous or scared, so maybe Lee is scared that you've left her for good every time you leave the house!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a cute picture! Mommy says she understands about peeing in the house. I have no idea what she is talking about. I mean you don't really expect me to go outside when it is cold and go potty do you??


    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mom says she was very lucky with us doggies. Glad Hailey's issues are clearing up.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Any break in routine will throw Anne from using her potty pads to using the rugs instead. Some dogs just need routine more than others I guess.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!