Monday, August 28, 2023

Mischief Monday - Anger and The Toe - by Lee

 Hi pals,

I am sorry I gave everyone such a big scare last week. Let me tell you, it hasn't been fun for me either, I could have done without all the excitement. It takes so much effort to stand up and walk. The drugs made me feel every worse. I am glad to not be on them anymore. Although even when I was feeling very poorly I was doing things like trying to work on my tunnel. I have work to finish before I go to the bridge.

In my tunnel

There were also so many squishes and tears. I would have thought people think I was dying would give me some space, but nope, the smushing continued.

I am so mad at Lady

I did enjoy getting much better food to eat and have been extra picky since seeing the neurologist. It could be the nausea. The people are doing all they can to figure out what I will eat.

Man trying to fork feed me eggs and kibble - maybe if he had left the kibble out

I am also really mad at the Lady. I am blaming her for all of this. I was with her when it all started and it was Man who was my primary care person the first few days (he worked upstairs beside me, Lady either was downstairs in her office or out of the house). I am far more resistant to going out with Lady than Man, but am getting a little better. I am still angry with her. I have growled at her a lot and no regrets. 

The other mischief I have caused is I have chewed off most of one nail. You see when I am nervous, I like to bury things and as you may remember have rubbed my nose raw. Well, when you have a balance issue, this is not possible, so I started chewing. So now I have to have my foot wrapped a lot and I don't like it, so I chew that off.


One of Lady's good friends said at least I am keeping on brand and she is right - I am. 

I thank you all for your POTP, thoughts, well wishes etc. It really did help.I now just need to wait for this to all go away. Let's hope it is quick. 

Your drunken sailor pal Lee

PS Lady says she is sorry if she didn't get caught up with everyone. She got so far behind with everything this week, she has had to priorities catching up in other areas. She hopes to get back to regular soon! 


9 comments:

  1. tell Lady to forget keeping up with us, we know you are number one her list right now. prayers for quicker healing and for the dizzy nausea thing to go away. so sorry you are miserable, love you Hailey and love those eyes peering out of the hole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're glad to hear you are feeling a bit better, Hailey. Our paws are staying crossed and sending all the POTP we can for a complete recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're so happy you're feeling better, Hailey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so relieved that you're feeling better and eating. We continue to send you lots and lots of AireZen and healing vibes, Hailey, and milk it for all it's worth. Maybe tonight's dinner will be steak and lobster!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Hailey, it has all been quite a trial hasn't it. We do hope you continue to recover, and Gail says maybe think about giving that paw a break?
    Toodle-oo!
    Nobby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hailey you had a week from HE// and so have the staff. Tell Lady no worries that we are just happy she can work without worry. YOU take you time healing. YIKES on that toe.
    Many hugs and healing wishes to you and may you find something yummy that will tickle your taste buds
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. No chewing on the toes please. Food would be so much better. Continuing to say prayers and sending more POTP. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so good to see you, Hailey. Just keep on eating and being Hailey, but maybe let up on the claw - you might need it for that tunnel work:)

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so Brave and I know you will lick this like you licked your nail -Ruby Rose

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!