Monday, July 3, 2023

Mischief Monday - Cone Troubles - by Phod

 Dear pals,

First, I am overwhelmed by the amount of POTP you all sent for me. Thank you all and thanks to June and her Lady for making a great badge for me (and not using a picture where my ear looks yucky.

If you wear your cone in your hole while digging, it gets dirty

I started the first day having to wear the big plastic cone all day,  mostly because it captured the blood and minimized the mess. Then the Lady and Man started to give me time out of the cone, when I was eating and when they could watch me. This was great because it has been very hot. 

Lady ordered me a very nice inflatable cone. It was much more comfortable, however, during the first night, I managed to chew the plug apart and deflate it and take it off. Lady is so thrilled she spent money of this. 

The short lived donut

At the time of writing this, Lady has ordered me a soft cone. She is hoping it lasts longer than 12 hours.  I am only wearing my cone, when outside off leash (because you know I want to roll and roll and roll), and when my people aren't home. I don't like this one, because I honestly have never left my ears alone as much as I am now. However, they would rather be safe than sorry. 

At this time, everything seems to be healing as hoped. I do continue to have to live this ways as I don't get the canal removed until the middle of the month. Lady and Man hope that at this point, my ear will be really, really, better. Lady has accepted that I am likely now going to have one pointy ear and one floppy ear. 

I don't want Lady to touch my ear but she got this picture of my canal - or as she calls it, my earring. 

Thank you again for all your POTP and love. 


Your pal, the very good lamp shade, Phod

9 comments:

  1. there is a collar with da name Bitenot. maybe that can help? we gree digging with a cone is hard work ... and such a cone is not really i-cone-ic... hugs and potp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Phod ... we "hear" you, your pain ... but the time will go by quick and guess what? It's only the cool dogs that have an ear up and an ear down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look so hot and miserable sweet boy. Praying for QuiCK healing for your ear.. sorry the donut did not work out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't imagine that anyone is a fan of the cone but I do have a soft one if one needs to be worn and it's not too bad. I hope it works for you, Phod, and we continue to send lots of AireZen and healing vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hari Om
    Aw Phoddy, really not nice eh? Continued POTP frae here tae yon... hugs and wags YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're glad to hear your ear is healing and are keeping our paws crossed for a full recovery, Phod.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Phod we are well here just trying with all our might to stay cool. Yesterday and next 3 we have triple digit feels like...I DETEST SUMMER....
    I'm very thankful your ear is healing. You have the best of care from a loving Lady and Man
    My desktop is upstairs and you know what they say HEAT RISES. I am limiting my time up here. At 6 am this morning it was already 80 degrees, by 11 it was 90. Did I mention I DETEST SUMMER?!
    I really like your inflatable cone. It is a most complimentary color. I'm sorry you decided to chew on it.
    Please tell Lady I'll be answering her email tomorrow from the desk top when it is cool up here. I can answer from my iPad but I have to type with one finger.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job with the donut! Too bad you can't do the same with the cone! We hope you feel really better, really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are holding up well. We are proud of you. I am keeping the prayers going.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!