Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Trouble on A Tuesday - Wildlife Encounters - Dramatic Recreation by Phod

Dear pals,

Friday evening, after a long day of being abandoned by my people, we made a trip to our lake. As we were reaching the path to go down, I came face to face with a groundhog!

It seems the little fellow has made a home under the lily a neighbour's place (no Callie's but the next neighbours). I went around one way and he was coming the other way and we were face to face!

A dramatic recreation of meeting the groundhog. Picture taken on way up from lake while I was smelling where he had been. 

While Man yelled no (I was not on leash) and yelled to Lady to put Lee on leash (she already was as she wasn't listening), I very gently picked up the groundhog to show him I was a friend and wanted to play. The groundhog did not like that and said some very rude things (used all the HBO words) and I let him go and he raced back to his home.

The encounter over, and since hunting has never really been my interest, I proceeded to my lake. 

On the way back, I had to be on leash until we passed the hole, just in case.

Lady and Man will have to be mindful of this when we go to the lake!


10 comments:

  1. the way to heaven is plastered with temptations, right? ... or with groundhogs LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phod you are like Beau, and so glad you did not get hurt or hurt the ground hog... I am betting Hailey went berserk. we have places we have to watch for different things when walking, so add this one to your walk around it list. we have never seen a ground hog, only in captivity. the groundhog not beau. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh PHOD that was some encounter. Inquiring minds wonder if the itty bitty taste of Ground Hog
    was horrible?
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    OMD, that must have been such fun for you, Phoddy! Sorry the hog wasn't so friendly back. I guess not everyone we meet can be a furiend... hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You probably thought that groundhog was another plush toy to play with, didn't you Phod? We're glad no animal (you or him) were hurt during this encounter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I never! A groundhog using HBO words. Whatever next?

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Phoddy, you are such a gentle giant, that sounds like one grumpy groundhog!!!
    xoxo,
    Rosy & Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should read the ground hog's blog about this encounter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, we don't think we have met a groundhog ever. How did it feel in your mouth? Maybe like a mouthful of floss - BOL.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  10. That happened to me about 5 years ago. The groundhog was in my fenced in backyard. Thankfully, we just stared each other down and then he ran off. I'm glad nothing bad happened to you and Phod, Hailey!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!