Here is the recipe they picked:
Aunt C adding the flour:
Mashed Banana . . . . mmmmmm
Ready to roll the peanuts:
Getting ready to cook it.
They are all done:
Cooling . . . . . .
- Recipes are easy to follow and most use ingredients you likely have in the house.
- There are 30 recipes.
- It heats up quickly.
- There are mixes you could purchase for people who don't want to do the effort (the store didn't have any when Aunt C bought it - so we can't say if they are any good).
- Lady likes that she knows exactly what is going into our treats.
- They are soft and chewy (at first Phod didn't see them as food, but once he realized they were, he loved them).
- It is easy to clean.
- The dogs really loved them.
- The humans found them bland (likely because there is no sugar) so they won't be eating them!
- You only cook 4 cookies at a time (and our batch made 28 cookies).
- It takes about 8 minutes to cook four, so cooking time is long.
- It can be hard to get the exact amount of batter into the spots so not all the cookies turned out as perfect bones (I did get better at this as I went).
- You have to be sure there are no air bubbles in the batter or it will collapse!
Overall, we give this product 3/4 paws. The only real draw back is the cooking time (the dogs don't care if the cookies aren't perfect looking!)
Thanks Aunt C for such a great gift for Lady!