Monday, January 3, 2011

Helping

During this holiday season, I have been using much of my time off to do my spring cleaning. (Yes I am aware that it is not spring in my part of the world – but it is spring somewhere and the weather we have had sure feels like spring!) This is a task I don’t mind doing when I have the time. It is also a task that Hailey apparently doesn’t mind doing as well. However, I think it is fair to say that her helping isn’t as helpful as she thinks. Some examples:

  • It is challenging to clean out a cupboard when a dog is standing in it.
  • You finally get the dog out and are going to scrub the cupboard, but she takes off with your cloth.
  • As you are putting items in the garbage bag she is happy to take the out and run around with them.
  • Making the bed is almost impossible with a dog laying on it. To put 2 sheets and 2 blankets on the bed required 6 removals of the dog from the bed.
  • Putting a new sheet on the box spring – imagine the dog has jumped on the top mattress you have standing on it’s side next to the bed – and sort of pinning you between the mattresses.
At least Gemi and the cats aren't so helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!