Tuesday, September 25, 2018

I Hope The Tooth Fairy Comes - by Phod

Dear pals, 

Pardon me, if this post is a little off, as I am not feeling my best. Yesterday the Lady tricked me. I was excited to go in the car with her. Then we arrived at the V-E-T!  The only good thing about it is I am happy to report I have lost 5 lbs and am at my ideal weight, but am sure I am going to loose more because I am never going to be able to eat again.


I had to have what people call dental work done. I think it is make you feel funny in the head and make your mouth hurt. I had to have my teeth cleaned and have my favourite tooth pulled. 

I have to rest for a few days. I have to take a lot of medicine.

I hope I feel better and I hope the tooth fairy comes, in a few days, when I feel more myself.

(For those who saw about this on Facebook, thanks for all the POTP).

I must rest now.
A very stoned and sore and the saddest boy ever,
Phoddy


From the Lady:
At his annual check up, it was identified that one of Phod's tooth had chipped and the nerve was showing. Although it didn't seem to be bothering him, we did have it removed. The vet reports some other minor cracks. They should not be caused by the playing fetch with our rubber chuck it ball. It is usually caused by tennis balls or other hard things. It is possible some of this damage was done prior to him joining us and it is now just showing up. Now we need to prevent him from chewing hard things and not play fetch with hard things and not play tug at all (not that he really liked that game).

The vet felt the surgery went well. Phod was so tired when he got home, he didn't make it past the front door. It made me think of his first night with us over 6 years ago, when he slept right up against the door. It is now one of his favourite spots.

He will be taking it easy for a few days, but we are sure he will be back to his old self soon.

As Phod is 7, he had to have a blood panel done and they were very happy with the results, which makes me happy!

We thank you all for your POTP.

Hailey is happy to have Phod back and is no longer jealous that he got to go away without her as he smells too funny!



You can see what tooth was taken

The tooth, the red part was under the gum

That little black spot on the top of the tooth is the nerve. 

The antibiotics he has to take - 2 pills twice a day! 



21 comments:

  1. Poor Boy! Well, just think of it this way - the dental visit is DONE and your blood work is DONE and all is well. Maybe a little sore in the mouth but take your meds and NAP and it will be a distant memory before you know it!

    Hugs, Teddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phod we are so happy that efurrything went well and that the tooth is removed... hugs to you and a speedy after anastasia revovery

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh poor Phod, stay away from Monday’s and the vet! Rest up and play the pitiful card so you get lots of attention. Sending POTP that you recover quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the tooth fairy should bring him some moist and soft treats! Dental work is never done, Mom had the Crown from Hell (her words) done recently. It took the tech 3 hours to make the temporary, once in it shattered and the dentist had to come do it. Then it broke a week after she got it, even though she was only eating soup. Another two weeks to get a new one. She has a new dentist now and I learned some NEW HBO words.
    Feel better soon!
    Abby Lab

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hari Om
    OMD Phoddy... I can sympawthighs with the feeling out of sorts... adding my POTP to your stockpile. hugs and wags YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, not your favorite tooth!! OMD, I hope you get lots of icy cream and cuddles to help you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are sending you lots of healing vibes, Phod. Ice cream is soft and will make you very happy☺ Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope he is back to his old self soon! Poor kid!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Phod, we are sure the Tooth Fairy will come and maybe bring you a good supply of Preciouses. Lightning will be having a dental soon too. We are all hoping for no extractions. The vet said he would be surprised if that has to happen but he needs to see the x-rays first. We are sending you some post-POTP since we don't do FB:( Hope your recovery goes well.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man! That tooth looked like a real troublemaker. Better to be rid of it. Feel better soon, buddy.

    Love and licks,
    Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  11. Phod I just sent a text to the Canadian Tooth fairy. I told her what a brave boy you were and how much you miss your favorite giant tooth and that you have to take ginormous pills two times a day and OMDs she wrote back she is gonna be most kind and generous to you for all your suffering.
    As for Lady tricking you...Angel Madi says D E M E R I T S are in order.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh poor Phod. We do hope he is feeling tip top again very soon, and does not miss his tooth too much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! That's a big tooth! Ouch! Hopefully you'll feel a lot better tomorrow so you can have some soft yum yum doggie treats for being such a good boy. Oh, or maybe your peeps can cook some chicken soup for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Poor Phod. Dentistry is NOT fun, but we're glad that tooth is gone. We think the Tooth Fairy should bring lots of treats....now that you've trimmed down BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Phod, we are sorry you had to have surgery on your tooth. We hope that you start feeling better after a couple of days of relaxing. Happy to hear you are down to your ideal weight. You will be back on your four feet in no time. Just take a couple of days to sleep. Have a great day.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow...we think you deserve something very delicious(that you can eat when you feel better) from the tooth fairy!
    xoxo,
    Rosy, Jakey & Arty

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pawsitive energy & strength Phod🐾

    Nose nudges
    CEO Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope you feel better and I don't like my teeth worked on much.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  19. We hope you are feeling better now Phod. That doesn't sound like a fun day at all. We hope you get lots of peanut butter or cheese with all your pills.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ouch!! We are so sorry you lost a toofy Phod and we are saying pawrayers dat you feel all betters soon..

    Our human Brudder has to has his wisdom teef taken out next week so he will be feeling your pain :/

    xoxo,
    Matt & Matilda

    ReplyDelete
  21. Eep...hope you're feeling much better today. We are not fans of dental work either.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!