Thursday, February 22, 2018

Tracking - by Lee

By the time you read this, our snow may be all gone. They are forecasting a lot of rain at the start of this week. Because of this, Lady thought it would be a great time to go out and play in the snow. We haven't done much of that because it has been too cold or too icy. 

Sunday was a beautiful winter day, so off we went.

I haven't talked much about it, but I have been doing a lot of off leash training this winter. I don't really like sinking in the deep snow and can't get the speed, so my peeps have been trusting me more.

I did an ok job on Sunday, until I found evil Red John Squirrel's tracks. 




Then I went into the bush, that is still our property. Lady told me to wait, and I did. She put me on leash and brought me back to the yard.

Red John may have escaped this time, but someday I will get him (or her, we don't know the gender).

17 comments:

  1. we will find it out professor lee... let me take one look in its eyes and we will know if it is red john or red johnette..or jeanette ;O)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Lee, I'm loving your stealth action there!!! How good to be getting used to off-leash... excellent work! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear you are making progress with the off-leash training Lee. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's too bad your mom had to put you back on leash so you couldn't find that squirrel. All our snow disappeared too and now we have nothing but mud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moms still posting last weeks snow pics but it's felt like summer all week. Dog Dad says we are supposed to get snow tonight

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good girl for waiting when Lady asked you to, Hailey. This will get you lots more off-leash time so you can hopefully find Red John!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pesky squirrels are so quick. We hope you nab that intruder.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welllllllll done Hailey I'm so very proud of you!! Bravo..
    Red John Squirrel's days are numbered. he probably will not realize you are off leash one day and off you will go.....Success with a capital S
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great off-leash work! Just keep it up. Though we know all about little furry animals getting us in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! Nice to get some snow tracking in and you minded Lady and EVERYTHING! Good for you Hailey!

    Love, Teddy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a good girl you are Hailey!!! That silly squirrel will get his next time!
    xoxo,
    Jakey, Arty & Rosy

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's some good tracking! I've given up trying to figure out the weather this winter. One day it's freezing cold and snowy. The next day it's all melted and warm out! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a good girl to wait for mom! We are snowing right now
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's great, Hailey! The fact that you waited and let your human leash you is really good. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  15. BUNNIES!!!!! OMD, how FABulous! We don't have those here, and I thinks I would really likes to chase some of those!!!! Great trackin' Hailey!!! I loves those tracks! So cute!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Way to track, girl fur-iend. There's something extra enticing about squirrel tracks in the snow. One day, you're gonna catch him/her.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!