Some weeks it is hard to decide who should get our mischief award, but this was not such a week.
This week's mischief award goes to the Man.
It started Thursday night (like 9:30) when the Man mistakenly, but not too surprisingly, believe there was a fire in the freezer attached to the fridge. He was in the kitchen and heard weird "popping" noises in the freezer. When he opened it, it was glowing red, steaming, hot and popping - really kind of like an electrical fire. The power was cut, the fridge was moved, etc. etc. No wires were chewed but there was mouse poop (vindicating Hailey who had barked at it a lot Wednesday evening). We moved everything from the freezer to the chest freezer in the garage. While I was exploring new fridge options, the Man was perusing the manual and discovered this was apparently normal. Some web research confirmed this. Apparently sometimes the defrost heater in your fridge can be like that. Who knew? Anyway, we were just relieved to not have to get a new fridge.
Fast-forward to Friday morning. The Man puts a "magic" type bag that his massage therapist has brought (yep, she comes to the house) into the microwave. I was sitting in the dining room and stood up to get some socks as my feet were cold. I look over and the microwave was billowing smoke. The Man had followed the massage therapist's directions and put it in the microwave for 10 minutes. This was too long and it had burnt. They believe the bowl she had for it may not have been microwave safe. This left our house smoky and smelling of burnt, but fortunately no one was hurt.
We are now hoping for a few fire free, boring days!