Friday, October 5, 2012

Spot the Deer


This is a post about our deer friends. I got home from work the other day and 2 deer were in our yard. One ran out of sight but the other stayed. You can probably just make her out in the middle of the page.  I was able to get out of the car and stand and watch for 2 minutes before the deer quietly turned around and walked away. It was beautiful and amazing.

I wonder if I will see this deer again. It is hunting season until the end of today and several times in the last week the dogs and I have heard gun shots. Once was in the morning only a few minutes after 4 deer crossed our path. The other was in the evening while in the yard. And once while sitting in the kitchen. Hailey was fine with the noise when we were walking but when we were in the yard, she just wanted to come in. 

I am a meat eater, but I must say, I am not sure I like hearing gun shots in my neighbourhood, even if it is hunting. I guess I need to adjust! I am just glad the season is short!


4 comments:

  1. That is a very short season. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely yard! Hunting season always makes us a little nervous. We live in the city, but see (& hear) them when we go to the Poconos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure hope you see the Deer again, they're so beautiful! :)

    Wags to all

    Your pal Snoopy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The season is only about 3 weeks. We hope the deer come back. We haven't seen them but we have smelt them and seen their tracks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!