Saturday, April 23, 2011

Bodily Functions

My father has a song he sings “Bodily functions, bodily functions, we don’t talk about bodily functions,” but I think there is a time and a place for it and the time is now.

In the last 24 hours I have dealt with an unusual number of bodily functions. It started with cleaning up massive amounts of cat vomit in the basement. It appears someone (and my guess is Lemew, Aunt C’s cat) was either running up or down the basement stairs as he was doing it. Standing in one place would have been easier to clean up, but perhaps he was going for artistic and not easy.

Not to be left out of the attention someone else was getting, Miss Hailey Bug thought she would vomit up some bile in the living room. In the 8 months or so we have had her she has only thrown up a few times, so this is unusual.

Next on my to do list was to tackle the dog poop in the yard. I was not here during the last of the spring thaw so that was a huge project. I was amused when I found pieces of the remotes in the backyard. Now that is done, I will be going out much more frequently to keep it clean. It is just hard to do with the snow!

Then being in a poop mood, I scooped the cat litter which was the easiest of all the jobs. Every time I am doing this I wonder why I did not use my behaviour analytic skills to teach the cats to use the toilet (probably because I was a behaviour analyst when I got the cats). If I ever have more cats, that is what I am going to do!

Today, my morning started to day by stepping in, what I believe to be cat urine in the middle of the living room floor. Nothing says happy Saturday like that!

Now that I have dealt with all the bodily functions in a short period of time, I hope I get a break from them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!