Tuesday, March 12, 2024

The Shot - by Phod

 Dear pals,

Last Friday I had to go to the vet for my librela shot. I do not like this monthly trip. First, I didn't get breakfast, so I couldn't throw up in Lady's car to show her how displeased I was. (I did throw up a little when I got home, out of the car). Then I saw a dog across the parking lot who did not seem friendly (he was in a room by the time I got inside, Lady took her time going in). Then they commented on my weight (I lost a few pounds). Then they discussed my poop eating (hello, private information here!) Finally the tech gave me my shot and Lady did at least make sure it was in my front leg, I do prefer that.

Not here again

Now I may not like the process of this, but there is no denying this is a miracle for me. Apparently if you block my pain receptors, I can feel more puppy like and really want to play. Lady knows there is some controversy about this medication (what medication doesn't come with some), but says she is extremely grateful it is able to help her old Phod live his best golden years. 

Put the phone down and let's play! 

your pal, Zaphod 




10 comments:

  1. we hope the magic potion helps you a lot... hugs and potp

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you have the shot and so sad you have that same shot. all medications upset something else, but this is helping you be a puppy again. it doesn't help that you get sick in the car.. I hope this shot keeps you going for a long and happy life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phod you do look like one very happy Puppy! Hugs to Lee, Lady and the Man
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari Om
    Lordy, Phoddy, I wish there was a hyoomon equivalent..! I is as stiff as unwashed socks these days... Hugs and wags YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy the shot is working for you, Phod! I'm starting to stumble more and more. Mom has upped the Dasuquin to see if once again, it will help. Losing weight is a good thing. It puts less stress on our aging bodies. Whatever we can do to reach age 16, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like your shot is a good thing/bad thing, Phod. Not fun to go to the vet or get a shot, but if it makes you feel better then that's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Phod, we are thrilled to learn that you are feeling more puppy like. Who wouldn't want to be a puppy again. Do you go round chewing everything and randomly peeing on the carpet and being forgiven 'cos you're "just a puppy"?
    Toodle-oo!
    Nobby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Phod, I’m so glad that shot is working for you. We tried the cat version for Ernie and he wasn’t as fortunate…it didn’t do much for him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what bothers me about going to the vet is they ask our parents all the questions like we are too dumb to respond.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!