Welcome Spring and Welcome to our Annual, "When Will The Snow Be Gone?" Contest
- In the comments or via email (leeandphodATbellDOTnet), by March 30th at 11:59 pm, guess what day the snow will be gone from our yard.
- Dates can be between April 1, 2020 and June 20th, 2020.
- One entry per blog/person.
- Dates will be claimed on a first come bases. If your date has been taken, you can pick another date. We want everyone to be able to play!
- A prize will be mailed to the winner (when it is safe for us to go and mail things!)
- The pal with the date closest to date the last of the snow goes, without going past!
How we are defining snow gone:
- No snow in the grass or driveway or deck part of our yard.
- Snow can still be bush/between trees. It is too depressing to use that as a measure!
Want some hints:
- We had less snow this year than previous years.
- It has been very mild and melting has begun the past few weeks.
- We still have snow in the forecast.
- You can go back through previous spring posts to see when the snow left! (Hint: May!)
How will you know the progress:
- Lady will check the yard daily! (She already does).
- We will post at least once a week to show you, with pictures how it is going.
Let's get started!
This is our yard as of about 5:30 last evening, when we went for our walk to check the mail (we live in the country we only see about a dozen people from afar a year, so we are safe!)
|The back deck|
|Looking toward the neighbours at the compost bin - yep we composted all winter|
|The front yard|
|Phod we said we weren't counting snow between trees|
|Coming up the driveway|
|Looking at the backyard|
Please enter and let's all join in wishing the snow a speedy melt so we have yard to play in during social distancing!
Leave a comment or email us!