Monday, September 9, 2019

Mischief Monday - Invasion of Rugrats - by Lee

It was a crazy weekend at our house. For about 24 hours we had 2 human children here. Our human cousins, Maggie (aged 5) and Troy (aged 3). Having kids over is exhausting.

I use to be very, very afraid of kids would and I would bark for hours if one was in my house. But as I mellow or get use to them or the drugs work, I am far more tolerant. The kids will say I bark all the time, but I hardly barked at all. I barked like 3 times. Now the kids on the other hand, they were fearful of us. They have cats. They don't spend a lot of time with big dogs. They do not like barking. It makes them cry. Which may at times result in more barking.

Also, Uncle Chris and cousin Emma came over for most of the time, so it was a full house. Lady says she meant to get more pictures, but it was just too busy. She says kids keep you very busy, especially when you are not use to them.

Phod enjoyed watching them dance to the TV. Earlier in the day, I enjoyed sharing popcorn with them.


Because Uncle Chris was also over, the kids slept on a mattress in my room. There is no photographic evidence, but I did sleep in bed with them. Man noticed in the wee hours of the morning and woke up Lady to tell her. (She was thrilled about that . . . not!)

In the morning, the kids were afraid I was going to bark and thought my yawn was too loud. I only started to bark when they covered their years and whined. I thought they wanted to play. 


At any rate, I was an angel this weekend, and all the mischief was caused by the rug rats. I really want to love them more and I hope as they get a little older they will be less fearful of me.

The thrilled for once the mischief wasn't mine Hailey Bug

15 comments:

  1. oh that is fabulous Professor Lee!!!! and one of that little miracles what happen when we live with dogs ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Oh I think with each passing year things can only get better between you and the hu-cuzzies!!! You were brilliant, Lee. Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, Hailey! We are so happy that you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad the mischief was not you... I prefer canines over kids any time. ha ha.. don't tell your humans I said that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lee well done! Phod what great entertainment they provided with the dancing.
    How much food were you two able to steal from the floor?
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hailey, you did brilliantly. Neither Gail nor I are used to having little humans running around the house, and we think they can be quite challenging...
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a very fun(and tiring) weekend in which you were a pawfect hostess!
    xoxo,
    Rosy, Jakey & Arty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep....we think the mischief was caused by the kids. But what a great report, Lee! We hope the kids get used to you barking, after all they're going to hear barking dogs all their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lee, you did way better than we would if there were kids around. We'd be under the bed the entire time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That must have been a wild and fun weekend. All the grands here are growing up too fast. The oldest is 15 1/2 and the youngest is 10!!! Mom misses the days with them being smaller and younger. We all love all kids, so we bet we would have fun with you and your cousins.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good job Hailey. We probably would bark at little ones in our house too. You really did a great job with them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of kids come & go from my house (says Dougie Dog) ... my boy is always having what he calls "play dates" ... some of them like me, some NOT! I return the favor accordingly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good job playing and sleeping with the rugrats!
    hugs
    Mabel & Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love it when Ryan and Lily come visit me! They give me treats!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!