Tuesday, March 13, 2018

The Annual Checkup - by Lee

Dear friends,

In the exam room
Last Thursday was the worst day ever.  Lady always says no good comes from a Thursday and she is right! It started off fine, with a nice walk and a good breakfast. Then Lady made me get out of bed, left Emma and Phod to sleep with the Man and put me in the car. I was a bit nervous, but I wasn't scared until I realized I was at day camp.

I was terrified going into day camp. I put on a real show as they dragged me to the back. I refuse to agree with their observations that I was great with the staff and had a wonderful time in the small dog room with Valentino and Buddy. I refuse to say I wrestled and ran and had a great time. 

After 87 million years, Lady picked me up and we drove to the vet. Lady's plan was to get there early and go for a little walk, but there was no parking due to some construction, so she had to park in another business' spots (although it looked closed) so she had us stay in the car until it was time to go in. 

I was terrified in the waiting room. There was a very upset Lab, who kind of scared me. I was happy to sit on the scale. I am 16.4 kg or about 36 lbs. Once I was in the exam room I started to relax a little. It wasn't long before my vet, Woody, came. Lady and Woody have been friends for 24 years. This is why she drives so far to see a vet. Woody sat on the floor and checked me from head to tail. He gave me lots of cookies and I hardly noticed the shots. While he and Lady were chatting I kept looking at the cookie container and at him, but he wasn't getting the message so I barked at him. He then gave me all the cookies that were left in the container. It was a lot. I even got to lick the crumbs out of it. 

Then we had to leave. We waited 87 million years for our bill (likely due to some emergencies Lady will blog about later). We came home. Phod and Emma were very excited to see me. Even though Woody said I didn't need dinner, my peeps gave me a little.

Lady said I did a good job and she was proud of me.

I was angry with her and refused to go for a walk with her on Friday. She says she doesn't think it is because I was mad, but more because I was tired from my adventures. I told her Lee's don't get tired. I am young and full of energy.

I am happy I don't have to do that again for a year.

your pal, Lee


  1. oh you did great at that vet-place... and you got all da cookies YAY! do you think I should take da vet cookies too? by now I only spat them back on the floor ...

  2. Hari Om
    OMD Lee - being left to cope with day-play and then the V.E.T. as well??? What an onslaught to your dignity. However, I can see here that you came out of the ordeal pretty well and you are allowed an 'off' day to compensate!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

  3. Gosh, what a BUSY day you had, now I nose you WERE NOT TIRED but I'm not surprised you needed a rest day. AND....good score on the TREAT front, you showed that Woody who was bosspup!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

  4. OMD, you got ALL the cookies left in the jar?! That's pawesome!! We had our old vet wrapped around our paw as far as cookies go, but the new vet is a little stingier.

  5. Checkups are stressful. We go together and support each other.

  6. Lee darlin' I hear you on the bad intro to the vet with the upset pup. Last time I went there was a cat singing the song of her people in 3rd soprano. Which set a very bad tone for the rest of the visit.
    Thank goodness you rec'd a good report and that ordeal is over and done with for the YEAR!!
    Kitty kisses for bravery and High five for show Lady your back of dis....interest in walking with her on Friday
    Madi your bfff

  7. OMD...We cannot believe the Lady put you through that horrible torture!! We are very glad you were well compensated by Woody...Mama says she "never could get the hang of Thursdays" either...
    Rosy, Jakey & Arty

  8. You got to finish the entire cookie container? My vet doesn't even give me cookies! Maybe I need to go to your vet, Hailey!

  9. Well done, girl. Dr. Woody sounds like a terrific (and generous) vet.

  10. We bet you're glad that's over with, Lee. We don't like going to the vet either.

  11. We are happy you had cookies and no cone.

    Abby Lab

  12. Getting lots of cookies is a requirement when you go to the vet
    Hazel & Mabel

  13. That sounds like a very full day. We're glad to hear you got a clean bill of health from the vet.

  14. I'm very glad you got a good vet check up. Whew! That's over with!

  15. Wow, as far as vet visits go, that sounds like a pretty good one!

  16. That was a very long day for you, Hailey, but it sounds like you did just fine. So glad all seemed well for you AND you scored lots of treats.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

  17. We aren't fans of daycare either. Mom is searching for a new vet in our new town so hopefully she will find someone that we all like.

  18. What a stressful plus exciting plus delicious day, L. I think you were very brave and adventurous! Now you’ve earned a long nap.

    Love and licks,

  19. Congratulations on surviving the vet and those shots and also congratulations on charming Mr. Woody into giving you ALL THOSE TREATS! YAY!

    Hugs, Teddy

  20. I am happy that your check up went well. Jo Jo, Kozmo and Cinnamon had one when they were here at Christmas as there is no vet where they live. They like the vet there and told me that I will like him when I get my turn. I hope I do as well as you!


Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!