Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Tasty Tuesday - What Was I Thinking?

Note: I love the company Hero - they employ soldiers with PTSD and/or their families, and they are Canadian. The following has nothing to do with the quality of their product, more to do with me . . . .

On Christmas Day, when I opened these treats, the treats I had picked out for Christmas, my first thought was WTF!  What the heck was I thinking getting furry rabbits feet. They have the bones and nails. I could barely hold them, I was so creeped out. 





While I was creeped out the following happened:

Zaphod ate his so quickly I didn't have a chance to get a picture.
It took Hailey a bit to figure it out, but she got it eaten (see below).
Emma wouldn't eat hers, she just carried it around and as Phod was trying to sneak it, I eventually took it from her and put it away. 


Now that they have had them a couple times, I am not as bothered, although I am not sure they will be my first choice the next time I go treat shopping. (Which will be a long time as Uncle Chris has left a lot of treats for the pups while he is away)

15 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    That's about as natural as it gets for treats! To be honest, I used to get a bit squeamish about the pigs ears Jade loved so much, but we have to remember that the dog's criteria for food is vastly different from our own. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would feel the same ;o) I remember the moment I opened a bag with chicken feet... eeeeew ;O)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEEEEEEK........well, let's face it, a lot of the food we all eat could be a little creepy if we let it be. As a huge rabbit fan, I have to admit it's tough to look at but obviously the pups love them!

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom remembers the first time that I got chicken feets. She was grossed out about those but they were so crunchy and yummy. I bet those rabbit feets were delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yipes! My ghostwriter might get a bit squeamish about those. But once she gave us some grilled chicken feet. They were very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That would creep out our pawrents too but we're sure we would love them. We have tried to catch our own rabbit in our yard a couple of times but they always seem to get away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Considering how hard it has been to convince them not to eat the ones in the yard I think I'd pass on these. It would just send mixed messages. You yell at us when we catch our own, but you give us them in the house????

    ReplyDelete
  8. The fur is still on?!?! Yeah, WTF is right! While I love the company and its mission, it does seem to be a bit of a mixed message--eating rabbits inside is ok but not so much outside. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with the above...the fur is still on them!? Yikes the pups might need a dose of
    hair ball medicine.
    Hugs Madi and Mom
    PS my peeps went to the movies this afternoon I was abandoned and so lonely

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a bigger Mama than I am...I don't think I would hav been able to handle them with the fur still on them. What a great company tho!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yikes!! They ate the fur and EVERYTHING!!????? Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those look tasty but Mom is sitting here shuddering (she loves Mr. Bun, the yard rabbit).

    Guess I'm just getting a plain old boneless bacon treat tonight.

    Abby Lab

    ReplyDelete
  13. The fur still on just creeps us out!!
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMD yeah Mama would has had da same reaction!!

    xoxo,
    Matt & Matilda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!