Monday, November 6, 2017

Mischief Monday - I Am Not SpiderMan -by Lady

The hand


Those who follow on Facebook saw the story.

A couple weeks ago, the Man convinced me to help him take the dogs out before bed. Usually he takes out alone. Reluctantly I went. 

I had Hailey and as we were walking off the porch it felt like there was something on my hand. I thought my sweater or watch was rubbing funny and I was shaking my hand. It was too dark to see anything. Maybe 30 seconds later, my hand started to burn. It felt like it was on fire. I handed Hailey to the Man and said I had to go in, something was wrong.

When I got to the porch, I could see 2 very distinctive bites on my left hand. I also had one that didn't burn very much on my lower back (because I happened to have an itch there as we were going out).

Our best guess is a spider bit me. My hand was red and swollen and painful. The back less so. I took a Benadryl, I iced them, I put an anti-bacterial cream on.  I broke out from head to toe in a rash and was soooo itchy, but the burning only lasted maybe 20 minutes.

To the disappointment of the Man, I did not wake up with spider powers. In the morning I was fine and the only evidence of the night before were two very small red dots on my left hand. I hope that this is the one and only time I get bitten by a spider. 



20 comments:

  1. after all that horror you deserved to walk up on walls and to throw lasso's around evildoers. it maybe was a false black widow, they are like warlords... I was bitten by such a beast once too (without getting any special powers)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh Mama J is coming out in palpitations for you as she's more than a little bit scared of spiders. Take care and glad you're feeling better. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I KNEW it!!!!! spiders do haf teefs and I should run screaming from the room when I see one!!!!!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    Yikes, that's a post-halloween story!!! Pawhaps the unknown critter was tucked up nice and warm in the sleeve of your coat? glad it is resolving itself quickly. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeek. We do not have biting spiders native to the UK but Gail says her whole lower arm once swelled up from a spider bite in Oklahoma, so you have her sympathy!
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch - my Mom HATES spiders. Glad it is feeling better today.

    Abby Lab

    ReplyDelete
  7. That does not look like fun. We're glad to hear it didn't last too long for you though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. EEEEEkkk!!! our mom hates spiders. Glad it got better quickly
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yipes! Ouch! We usually like spiders, but not when they bite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yikes, that looks terrible! Spiders are evil!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Grief K10 that looks very painful and OMCs itchy too. and you broke out all over. I wonder what in the Sam(MAN)hill bit you?
    Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that was nasty,glad it wasn't a dangerous Spider that bit you,xx Speedy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maybe the super powers will come later?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ye-ouch! Mom's already have 'Spidy' powers and definitely don't need to get bitten to have them enhanced. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ouchee!!! Spider bites can be the itchiest and at the same time the most painful bites ever!!! And it seems like a few days later they can get even worse. Hope yours behave themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMD - how awful! Thank goodness your hand was better by morning!

    ReplyDelete
  17. SEE! Ma is RIGHT to be scared SH*TLESS by spiders!!!! She got the willies just reading your story, and she is STILL squirming! I am so glads you are okays now. And a little disappointed you didn't gets any Superpowers for your pain.
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bummer....You would think after the pain and uncomfortable-ness the least the spider could have done would be to give you a couple of super powers!
    xoxo,
    Jakey, Arty & Rosy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Spiders pack a punch that's for sure.....no matter what SIZE they are. You most certainly had a major reaction to that spider's bite. Good thing you had some Benadryl handy.

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yikes! Glad you are okay! That sounds like quite the reaction! Maybe if the spider is radioactive you'll get powers next time ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!